Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,567 Posts
How did I miss this! I'm not on a lot and usually glance over topics picking and choosing and when I saw Chumlee -- well I had to start from the beginning. He is so handsome and now with a little sugar face he can charm his way out of anything. His story is so much like that of Harley. Harley had a bad start in life and lucked out when a neighbor stepped in and asked the owner to consider rescue. He was probably 2 at the time and then he was adopted by a family with another golden and two small children. Well that didn't work because he stole food from the kids and didn't get along with their golden so he went back into rescue. The rescue then said no children and he prefers to be the only dog, yep dog reactive. When his foster Mom brought him over, he walked into the kitchen and carried a bowl of water into the living room, then climbed on the sofa and looked out the window while we talked. I mean talk about making yourself at home. When we let him outside he ran around the yard like it was his. He was perfect except that like you I had to be on high alert walking him. Oddly enough he liked the small dogs on the block but mid-size or larger he looked for a fight and he was a solid 89 lbs. so I always had 2 leads in case he snapped one.
Your area is beautiful. Maine always strikes me as being something special. I even have to get my garden seeds from Pinetree in Maine!
I look forward to Chumlee's updates.

· Registered
2,567 Posts
I like the "senior card"! They really do train their humans well, don't they? I can't believe that your snow lasted this long. We've been snow free for almost 2 months but now it's raining and I'll take snow over mud any day. Tell Chumlee to back off the critters, porcupine quills don't sound like fun.

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday Chumlee!! I don't think you're crazy for catering to your boy. Everytime Harley had surgery on his leg I would take the bedroom apart and put the mattress on the floor -- easy for him to walk on bed but not so easy for me!! I really think he thought something was wrong with me not him.

the story about the "ice" from the fishing company really took me back many years. Many years ago there was a company that made ice that was about a half mile from where I used to live and it was on my walk with my wild golden MacGyver. They used to dump the "ice" on the side and there would be a hill of snow in summer and MacGyver would climb it and begin to dig in. He loved it, but people liked the ice for their cooler and would complain when they came for ice and saw this big golden digging in the ice. That's nice they do that for Chumlee.

Did you see that Helen updated Grady's blog about a month ago -- I was happy to see that Grady is still up to his antics!

I'll be watching for Chumlee's "vacation" pictures.

· Registered
2,567 Posts
What a treat to come on the forum and see two Chumlee updates -- yep, like you I occasionally have to re-log in and insist I know the password and am kicked off and don't always come back soon! I love the picture of him in November with his trendy bandanna on. You're still dashing Chum! And by the time you read this post, that green stuffy is probably history.

I haven't followed all the eastern storms and sorry to hear you were hit again. I don't want to jinx it here in SE Wisconsin where it's cold but so far snow so minimal you could sweep it off the sidewalks. I'm beginning to think Wisconsin might be the new winter haven for east coast and southerners!! Yep, putting that in writing is guaranteed to put a foot on my doorstep by morning.

Keep warm and stay healthy Brianne and Chum!

Reactions: brianne

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Well you know how as you get older, you kind of forget sometimes, so maybe Chumlee is having those senior moments and he just doesn't remember having breakfast or dinner. He really doesn't seem to be the kind of dog who would try to pull one over on you, would he??

Reactions: brianne
1 - 5 of 5 Posts