Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

CHUCKIT ball launcher

980 Views 27 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Ontariodogsitter
Do they work? My right shoulder is starting to object, I am not really looking for any of the automated gizmos, just something that will go a bit further then my pathetic efforts...
do you use one ?
Electric blue Logo Font Graphics Symbol
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Funny chuck-it story -- once I was out throwing the ball with one. Some guy came up and was like "Wow, what a fantastic arm!! You must have played softball in college! Where did you play?" He went on and on and seemed so excited to talk softball. I hastily explained that my ball-throwing was 0% talent and 100% Chuck-it. He didn't believe me and thought I was just being modest LOL. This is how you know they really work!

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Funny, I do not think I will attempt that style, sounds downright dangerous. ;)

So I went out to get one, aded couple of extra balls because the one included in the chuck it was a hairy tennis style ball, which I wouldn't use. Put it on the counter and said to the young man, I do not think this is the right size ball.... and it turned out they only had Large size balls and Medium size chuck it.

Now I am smarter, right, and next time I drive by Supper Dupper large pet store I will try again, and yes you got it, they only have Large size chuck it and Medium balls, but the quality seems to a bit suspect.

I am too stubborn to buy one in one place in hope I can get the other one later, so search continues, but I did get chuck it Bumper tug, which I may be afraid to let go of, since we are heading in to heavy duty snow storm and I may not see it again until next spring :)

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Didn't leave with empty hands at my last stop, got a chuck it bumper / tug
Dog Carnivore Dog supply Companion dog Dog breed

With 14" of fresh snow on the ground, it was way too deep to go anywhere, took me an hour to dig myself out of the house to the driveway, first throw surprised Addy and me equally and I had to go and find it , :giggle: but after that it was great fun.
It's heavy so definitely get more distance throw with it, and thank goodness for the rope, because it sort of buried itself in the deep snow and without the rope handle it would be a lost cause.
didn't do much tugging since Addy prefers the rope end.....

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I must admit this is way more fun then I would have expected.
Since Addy gets soon bored by new things I am only using it for about 20 minutes every morning, she now sits patiently at the door waiting for the bumper and she is off to the races...
I still don't throw as a NFL prospect, but I can't believe how far in to the deep snow she is willing to go for it, and only lost it once, but she did find it by prompts of "FIND it" from me...
GOT it !!!
Snow Dog Tree Fawn Carnivore

She still prefers the rope end, and it almost seems like she doesn't like the feel of the bumper
in her mouth ?
Dog Snow Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

21 - 28 of 28 Posts