Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14,259 Posts
I bought one about five minutes after I first saw someone using one at the park in 2002. I used it for the next 10 years with my serious ball loving girl, and am now in year 21 with the same one with Shala. They are a godsend for people who can't throw. You can magically throw a ball the full length of a soccer field with one. I don't remember what I paid for it in 2002, but it was definitely some of the best money I ever spent! :)

· Registered
14,259 Posts
I assume it will not be anything as the quality you got 20 years ago, since nothing is, at this point I am looking for the best I can buy now, so it's either CHUCKIT pro, or CHUCKIT sport ?
Back when I bought mine, there was only one ChuckIt, and it came in red or blue (mine is red). The sticker was actually still partly on it until about a year ago - but I'm not sure I could tell you now if it was a certain kind. Mine is not as bendy as some of the newer ones - and it's longer. It sounds silly, but I honestly treasure it and would be devastated if I ever lost it. There are so many good memories attached to it. It has been all over Canada and the eastern US with us, too. It didn't even come with the ball back when I bought it (I'm not sure the orange ball even existed yet). We used tennis balls (my first girl was obsessed with tennis balls, and I only learned too late what they do to teeth). Shala is not allowed tennis balls, so we use the orange ChuckIt balls now.

· Registered
14,259 Posts
Lacrosse ball wouldn't have even crossed my mind, the things you learn here
I used a Lacrosse ball for a while, too, because Shala was chomping the orange ChuckIt ball like she was chewing gum (it's very plyable) and I didn't want her doing that. The Lacrosse ball was good, but a bit heavier, so we went back to the ChuckIt ball. I use an orange ball hockey ball for the lake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts