Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

CHUCKIT ball launcher

982 Views 27 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Ontariodogsitter
Do they work? My right shoulder is starting to object, I am not really looking for any of the automated gizmos, just something that will go a bit further then my pathetic efforts...
do you use one ?
Electric blue Logo Font Graphics Symbol
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great news, I never use tennis balls, and we already have some of the orange ones, so I thank you and Addy Thanks you :)

I read some of the reviews ( do that mainly for entertainment value ) was greatly encouraged by the complaint that it doesn't work for small backyards.....????;)

· Registered
14,266 Posts
I bought one about five minutes after I first saw someone using one at the park in 2002. I used it for the next 10 years with my serious ball loving girl, and am now in year 21 with the same one with Shala. They are a godsend for people who can't throw. You can magically throw a ball the full length of a soccer field with one. I don't remember what I paid for it in 2002, but it was definitely some of the best money I ever spent! :)

· Registered
3,799 Posts
Do they work? My right shoulder is starting to object, I am not really looking for any of the automated gizmos, just something that will go a bit further then my pathetic efforts...
do you use one ?
Yes they work but I am not sure that it will be any easier on your shoulder.
Bumpers with a rope are much easier to throw than a ball. Much less effort needed with the rope and weight.
White Font Rectangle Fashion accessory Automotive exterior

Also, I assume you have a left arm?;)
Toss bumpers every day left handed and you will quickly get used to it.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry @SRW I sort of have a left arm, but not very useful one, but Thanks for the bumper suggestion, I did wonder about that, and seeing that my busy girl gets bored easily ( a bit like her mama) I think we will try both, short throw bumper and and exciting chuck it for the long throw , grandkids coming for a visit in the summer, I may try it on them too.... ;)

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought one about five minutes after I first saw someone using one at the park in 2002. I used it for the next 10 years with my serious ball loving girl, and am now in year 21 with the same one with Shala. They are a godsend for people who can't throw. You can magically throw a ball the full length of a soccer field with one. I don't remember what I paid for it in 2002, but it was definitely some of the best money I ever spent! :)
I assume it will not be anything as the quality you got 20 years ago, since nothing is, at this point I am looking for the best I can buy now, so it's either CHUCKIT pro, or CHUCKIT sport ?

· Registered
Ramses, golden retriever bred in France 😆
791 Posts

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My boy loves the Chuck It Air ball. It’s lighter to throw with the launcher, still goes a long way and he finds the texture of it really interesting.
The launcher is worth every penny!

View attachment 899454

It is actually the absolute favorite here, because it does an unexpected things when it bounces off hard ground, BUT unfortunately it lands with a clunk in 2' of snow and then neither one of us can find it , had to go and check didn't know it was "chuck it" and indeed it is :)

· Registered
172 Posts
It is actually the absolute favorite here, because it does an unexpected things when it bounces off hard ground, BUT unfortunately it lands with a clunk in 2' of snow and then neither one of us can find it , had to go and check didn't know it was "chuck it" and indeed it is :)
I wish we had that problem here- I love snow but we rarely get much and it doesn’t stay long! 😅

· Registered
14,266 Posts
I assume it will not be anything as the quality you got 20 years ago, since nothing is, at this point I am looking for the best I can buy now, so it's either CHUCKIT pro, or CHUCKIT sport ?
Back when I bought mine, there was only one ChuckIt, and it came in red or blue (mine is red). The sticker was actually still partly on it until about a year ago - but I'm not sure I could tell you now if it was a certain kind. Mine is not as bendy as some of the newer ones - and it's longer. It sounds silly, but I honestly treasure it and would be devastated if I ever lost it. There are so many good memories attached to it. It has been all over Canada and the eastern US with us, too. It didn't even come with the ball back when I bought it (I'm not sure the orange ball even existed yet). We used tennis balls (my first girl was obsessed with tennis balls, and I only learned too late what they do to teeth). Shala is not allowed tennis balls, so we use the orange ChuckIt balls now.

· Registered
37 Posts
We love the ChuckIt! Easier on my arm and I don't have to handle slobber. We have both the blue and the orange balls. The blue is my girl's FAVORITE because it squeaks. (Sometimes she does decide to play keep-away, so I usually throw the orange ball and let her know I have the blue one, and it keeps fetch going on a bit longer :LOL:). Check TJMaxx or Home Goods; they usually get them in stock on a regular basis, and they're about half the price of what you'd find at a pet store or Walmart.

· Registered
12 Posts
Lacrosse balls fit in Chuckits pretty well, they go far and bounce like crazy on hard surfaces and stand up to a good deal of chewing. The yellow is easiest to find in winter, but blends in too well with the leaves in fall. We use the white ones then. Try them, I think you’ll like them!

· Registered
14,266 Posts
Lacrosse ball wouldn't have even crossed my mind, the things you learn here
I used a Lacrosse ball for a while, too, because Shala was chomping the orange ChuckIt ball like she was chewing gum (it's very plyable) and I didn't want her doing that. The Lacrosse ball was good, but a bit heavier, so we went back to the ChuckIt ball. I use an orange ball hockey ball for the lake.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts