Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Carlos-Rhett's Dad 4ever
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this on the Friends of Golden Retrievers facebook page. It was so touching to me I thought I would share as this is my first Christmas without my dear Rhett...

Christmas Without My Dog

The tree is all trimmed.
The gifts are all wrapped.
The hymns are all sung,
And the travel plans mapped.

And still there's a sadness
That lies in my heart,
For a dog that was lost
And a love now apart.

A stocking is missing,
With toys and a treat.
A lap is now empty,
A space at your feet.

Yet remember this season
God's small gift to you,
Wonderful memories
To treasure life through.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Thanks for sharing that lovely poem and the photo. It's our first Christmas without Daisy too :( last Christmas was just the worst with her being in the veterinary hospital. We have the new pup to look forward to in the new year, but it's still very sad without Daisy here.

Thinking of you!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
touching and sweet.... I just wish the picture with all the dogs showed a big field of grass with a stream running through it instead of clouds....

·
Carlos-Rhett's Dad 4ever
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
It is a beautiful poem -- thank you for sharing that. I hope your memories will bring some joy to your holiday.

Reactions: Buddysmyheart

·
Keisel & Miller's Mom
957 Posts
This is my first year without Brandy.. We won't have any dog during this Christmas with us and it'll be very sad. She use to love to unwrap all the gifts. Her birthday fell on Christmas Eve so even tonight is hard. Thank you for sharing this poem, it's very nice and makes me know that Brandy is watching from above now with her sweet heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Our fist Christmas without Cheyenne. She was missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
I miss you Macintosh
137 Posts
My wife and I were just talking about how there should be 6 stockings up not 5 this year. This was Macintosh's favorite time of year playing in all the snow and getting new toys.

·
Carol
478 Posts
Our first Christmas without Oakley and we are just so sad. Tears well up in my eyes every time I think of him no matter where I am. Seger has been given lots of love but we can tell he is missing his side kick. Play hard and sleep softly at the Bridge Okey-Poke. I will forever feel the softness of your big thick ruff in my fingers as you enthusiastically lick my face :) Mom misses you XO

Reactions: Karen519

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
So Sorry

My heart goes out to all of you!!
Helps me to think that Smooch and Snobear are celebrating with your furkids at the Rainbow Bridge.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
I thought that was lovely made me cry as well.
This will be my first Christmas without Naughty Charlie i am lucky i still have Daisy and Blarney but missing my Charlie girl so much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts