Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our Christmas Trip this year Sunny and I drove 13 hours to Banff and Lake Louise. We had great conditions for the trip as they just received a huge dump of Snow before we got there. If you have never been to the Canadian Rockies I highly recommend it.
This was our pet friendly Days Inn Hotel in Calgary

On the road. This is a lookout on the Bow Valley Parkway between Banff and Lake Louise. A very pretty drive I recommend it.

Just outside Banff

This was at Emerald Lake closer to the BC border.

This is at the natural bridge basically the river erroded the rock to form a bridge. To the right of Sunny's shoulder.

This is at Lake Louise. We spent a full day here and it was great. The whole lake was frozen over so we could just go and explore. This is looking out from the hotel.

Looking back at the hotel.

Further out on the trails at Lake Louise.

The End

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Beautiful. Sunny looks good in snow but he also looks cold. Maybe he's just like Rukie whose expression is always serious looking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful. Sunny looks good in snow but he also looks cold. Maybe he's just like Rukie whose expression is always serious looking.
Yeah he is pretty chill most of the time so his default expression is fairly unimpressed by whatever I am doing. Unless of course the toys comes out or food. He handles the cold pretty well even with his fairly light coat.

·
Super Moderator
3,644 Posts
Beautiful pics of your Sunny and the scenery. I love Banff and Lake Louise but have never been there in the winter. We live in the Okanagan Valley and used to go to the area once a year. Has been a few now since we have been and I miss it. Such a beautiful area!

·
Registered
12,493 Posts
Beautiful photos! And I can sympathize with the little serious face on Sunny. Shala also does her best not to ever smile when a camera is trained on her..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow! Amazing pics of Sunny and scenery! I would love to take Aidan somewhere like that! I’ve just been hoping for a tiny bit of snow just to watch what he thinks of it. I imagine you guys had a blast!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Amazing pics of Sunny and scenery! I would love to take Aidan somewhere like that! I’ve just been hoping for a tiny bit of snow just to watch what he thinks of it. I imagine you guys had a blast!
Sunny just loves the snow so I am sure Aidan would. The side effect of deep snow is that it provides a good workout for both Dog and Human. I hope you get some snow.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
These are just beautiful photos! Sunny is so handsome. I’ve been to Vancouver and Whistler, but that’s as close as I’ve been and it was summer. We don’t get much snow in these parts. It looks lovely.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These are just beautiful photos! Sunny is so handsome. I’ve been to Vancouver and Whistler, but that’s as close as I’ve been and it was summer. We don’t get much snow in these parts. It looks lovely.
Thanks Dianne if you get the chance to ever visit I am sure you would enjoy it. Even in late spring there is still alot of snow. I hope its going well with your new addition and you are getting enough sleep.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts