Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Remy's Mom!
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did Christmas at our place a bit early because we are traveling to see our parents for the holiday. Remy is getting a stocking there, too, but of course he needed his own at his house :). Mayyyybe I went a bit overboard. But in my defense this is his first Christmas and we are also VERY blessed to have him (after parvo) so we are loving on him like CRAZY! Plus the bone has his name on it... how could I resist?!

Also, just so I don't have to start another thread, here's a picture of him at the park a few weeks back! He loves his frisbee! We just bought an aerobie too... if your golden loves to run you should definitely check them out!

"Help Ma! I can't see where I'm going!"

Reactions: Pumba19

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Cute pictures...

Since he just got over Parvo make sure that, if he goes potty anywhere, pick it up right away. He's still shedding the virus in his feces, (although the first two weeks it's the worst), so just be careful for other dogs. My friend even carried a spray bottle with a clorox mixture to spray after she picked it up for a looooong time after her pup got better. She was so paranoid and she just wanted to be sure.

·
Remy's Mom!
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cute pictures...

Since he just got over Parvo make sure that, if he goes potty anywhere, pick it up right away. He's still shedding the virus in his feces, (although the first two weeks it's the worst), so just be careful for other dogs. My friend even carried a spray bottle with a clorox mixture to spray after she picked it up for a looooong time after her pup got better. She was so paranoid and she just wanted to be sure.
Thank you! We do pick it up IMMEDIATELY and make sure we get every little bit. We also have been keeping him away from young pups... some people are more irresponsible and bring their 8-wk olds to the park and we steer CLEAR because of the parvo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts