Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Fridays, I see my mom and get her mail for her. Along the sidewalk to her mailbox, a path that Casey and I took all the time, was a chewed green tennis ball! I picked it up and it was still wet from the rain, just like her slobber. I can't help but think she brought it to me. That was the best Christmas present. I wanted to share this with you all. Keep a look out for presents from them.

Merry Christmas and peace to you all,
Cindy

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Wow, that's beautiful. I think your Casey and my Barkley met each other at the Bridge and now they are tossing down signs to us they are doing well, waiting for our day to join them.

Merry Christmas to you and HUGS while you continue to grieve Casey's loss.

·
flykelley
675 Posts
On Fridays, I see my mom and get her mail for her. Along the sidewalk to her mailbox, a path that Casey and I took all the time, was a chewed green tennis ball! I picked it up and it was still wet from the rain, just like her slobber. I can't help but think she brought it to me. That was the best Christmas present. I wanted to share this with you all. Keep a look out for presents from them.

Merry Christmas and peace to you all,
Cindy
Hi Cindy
I had a similar experience just yesterday. We lost Katie to cancer on Oct 24th, yesterday I was in the Hot Tub and my other Golden Lilly was outside we me at the time. I use to sit in the Hot Tub and throw tennis balls for Katie and Lilly. They would fetch them and we would do it all again. I was throwing Lilly the tennis ball and she was bringing it back to me, Lilly is like a freight train you can hear her coming from a mile away she likes to jump up on the deck instead of using the stairs and will then jump up on the side of the Hot Tub and drop her ball. I was waiting for Lilly to bring me the ball and had my eyes shut and she wasn't coming back. I though this one is taking her some time, opened my eyes and there was a tennis ball floating in the water. Katie could bring me that ball and be quite as a mouse but never Lilly. Not sure if Lilly was just real quite that time or was it a gift from my Katie. It sure made me smile thinking it was from my girl. Guess we will never know how that extra ball got in the Hot Tub but I like to think it was my Katie telling me everything was ok.

Mike

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Hi Cindy
I had a similar experience just yesterday. We lost Katie to cancer on Oct 24th, yesterday I was in the Hot Tub and my other Golden Lilly was outside we me at the time. I use to sit in the Hot Tub and throw tennis balls for Katie and Lilly. They would fetch them and we would do it all again. I was throwing Lilly the tennis ball and she was bringing it back to me, Lilly is like a freight train you can hear her coming from a mile away she likes to jump up on the deck instead of using the stairs and will then jump up on the side of the Hot Tub and drop her ball. I was waiting for Lilly to bring me the ball and had my eyes shut and she wasn't coming back. I though this one is taking her some time, opened my eyes and there was a tennis ball floating in the water. Katie could bring me that ball and be quite as a mouse but never Lilly. Not sure if Lilly was just real quite that time or was it a gift from my Katie. It sure made me smile thinking it was from my girl. Guess we will never know how that extra ball got in the Hot Tub but I like to think it was my Katie telling me everything was ok.

Mike
That's EXACTLY what it means--your Katie telling you everything is ok, using the ball as the sign.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Cindy

Cindy

God Bless Casey, I do believe she left that ball for you.

After we lost Snobear and Smooch last year, I was playing with Tonka and Tucker and something rolled under our bed in the Master Bedroom. I looked under the bed and found a couple of Snobear and Smooch's toys. I took that as a sign that they were telling us they are safe at the Rainbow Bridge.

Reactions: caseypooh

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'm so glad that Casey sent you that Christmas present! I hope that it helped get you through a difficult holiday without your beautiful Casey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts