Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
the party's crashing us
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is why people move to Florida. Here we are this afternoon at the beautiful Lazy J Ranch in Williston, FL.
Had a great time with the goldens and now ready to celebrate Christmas!
I hope all of my GRF friends have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year!

Fisher - 8 1/2 years

Sophie - 5 years

Slater - 2 1/2 years

Slater again

Fisher & me on the water blind (can you see the pile?)

Reactions: HiTideGoldens

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Now thats the way to spend Christmas Eve day!!!! Great pictures.

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Jealous in the frozen but not very white north!

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Very nice pics!! Your boys look very nicely put together!! I really love the side view of Slater!

We are happy just not to have snow yet this year. It may be only 25-30 degrees out here, but we can atleast go outside to train, which is really nice. This time last year we had 19" of snow on the ground:(

·
Premium Member
18,409 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, what is a "pile"? I so thoroughly enjoy seeing pics of the Goldens doing what they were bred for.

·
the party's crashing us
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) It's the pile of bumpers we send the dogs to on a blind. They get to pick out what bumper to bring back. That way we don't have to set one for each dog since they're all going to the same spot.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Ok, I can not see the pile, which bank is it on?

·
the party's crashing us
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pile is on the left side of the channel about 1/4 inch from the left edge of the photo. It was a pink flag but looks just light colored in the photo. I think I must have blown the whistle right as this picture was taken because I remember giving an angle back that got him over on that side of the channel :)
We ran this same blind at a hunt test last year and BOMBED it! LOL Much better today :)

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Looks like fun! It's been raining here today. I am a fair weather trainer, I don't train in the rain. Or the cold. Or the heat. Or too much wind...

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
What great photos! If I didn't like you so much, I would be so jealous I wouldn't be able to stand you ;)
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

·
Riot's mom
632 Posts
Great pictures Anney! And you are in shorts! I went and trained this afternoon but definitely in a warm jacket.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
What wonderful shots :)

I will be training tomorrow but will be wearing way different clothing!

Merry Christmas!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I am green with envy!!
Merry Christmas Anney, Fisher, Slater and Sophie!!!!:wave:

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Merry Christmas to you and yours Annie... When we down there.... I was commenting to Jodie I don't know how Florida ever gets in the holiday season.. It was t-shirt weather and there was green everywhere.. What a beautiful state !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great water. You can do lots with that. And, great job if he took an angle back from that point to the pile, although he does look to be turning. Probably thinking "okay, I don't think Mom wants me to get out here. I think I had better stay in the water"

·
Kate
21,665 Posts
I'm going to be a brat and note that it actually was that green up here on Christmas Eve.

I wasn't wearing shorts outside though. Or not any longer than it'd take to run to the mailbox and back up to the house. :D

Very nice shots of the dogs - they looked like they had a great time<:

·
the party's crashing us
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great water. You can do lots with that. And, great job if he took an angle back from that point to the pile, although he does look to be turning. Probably thinking "okay, I don't think Mom wants me to get out here. I think I had better stay in the water"
Haha yes I think I stopped him right after this pic was snapped and did angle back left, he took it a little too much over and beached a bit early on the left shore of the channel. Stopped once more and back to the pile. Repeated it and he took a straighter line.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts