Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, no photos....
There were 57 goldens entered. 22 males, we need 21 for a major in this area. FOUR no-shows (2 in 12-18 puppies, I think 2 in am-bred). Lots of annoyed people (esp. one who went WD).
No major in bitches, either. Should be majors tomorrow and Sunday, because there are quite a few over the 21 for dogs and 23 for bitches.
ANYWAY
A question....why would a special constantly enter shows and not show up? Treasure is frequently entered in shows in this area, and just about never shows up.
BOB went to a bitch today, first time we've even SEEN a bitch special in the ring in this area in a long time! Went to CH Xcelerate Joyous Occasion (from TX). Other specials that were there included CH Shor'line High Seas Adventure, CH Golden Trip Repeating the Success, CH My Buddy's Boppity-Bop Blue Moon, CH Avalor's INXS, CH Gangway's SUV, and CH Sundown Summerwind Tru Beans Fan. It was quite a line-up!
I was THRILLED with the Tito monster, beautifully handled by Kate Batzner, who took 3rd in a stunning class of 13 open dogs. To be in the ribbons in that class was a massive honor.
Judge was Lizzie Muthard.
Tomorrow is another day! 27 males entered, that major should hold.

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Good luck! I think from what I understand that those top dogs are entered everywhere and then they pick and choose which shows to go to based on entries. I was horribly disappointed that the famed Treasure did not show up in Boise despite entering and having taken BIS last year. --Though one does wonder, when do you call it quits? At what point do you just say, she is an outstanding dog has won a lot, and is now done?

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was disappointed that she wasn't there today, too....because I think the little bitch special that went BOB would have given her some serious competition and it would have been interesting to see how it sorted out!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm so happy to hear Tito was in the ribbons today! Congrats! I hope someone can snap some pics of the handsome boy tomorrow! I just loveeeee Tito!!!! :)

Is Treasure as stunning in real life as she is in the photos and videos? As I'm learning more and realizing what I want in my first show dog (I want a bitch) I keep looking at her and thinking "wow" now that is a beautiful specimen of a Golden Retriever! There are a few other bitches that I really admire.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
Xcelerate has produced some beautiful dogs . . . so glad Tito did well!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Just love hearing Tito news! Sounds like a great day in the ribbons :)

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Congrats to Team Tito for being in the ribbons today!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's at the Stephen's Convention Center (formerly the Rosemont) right by O'hare. It's a pretty big show and I think you and your grandkids would enjoy it!
Goldens are in the ring at 12:50 today and 2:30 tomorrow.
See you there!

Where is the show located at, my grandkids and I would love to go???????????????/

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone!
Since I'm so new to this, there are a lot of times I watch and then come away shaking my head trying to figure out WHY the judge picked the dog/bitch for best of breed.
But this time, there was no denying her. She was lovely.

·
the party's crashing us
4,307 Posts
Hey, we did a trade show at the Rosemont a few years ago. How fun! My one and only trip to Chicago.
Treasure is the real deal. I have never seen another golden move as nice as she does. She is handled to perfection.
With a top dog like that, it is very common to enter several shows in one weekend, then pick one to attend based on # of specials in your breed entered AND overall # of dogs entered. All for rankings stuff.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Congrats on your placement in Open dogs.

I have seen Treasure in person. She is a beauty. She just floats and demands attention when she is in the ring!

Brandye has some nice dogs. I *think* I have seen Xcelerate Joyous Occasion... but I have seen several Xcelerate dogs, so maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts