Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Canadian Thanksgiving has passed so it's time to be thinking about the Holiday Card Exchange.
I think it would be wonderful to do this again, especially this year. It's always so much fun to get cards from our GRF family!

Cards can be any style you like and anyone interested in exchanging holiday cards can PM me with your
Name
Address
(e-mail)
pet's name
and mailing list you want to join: USA, CANADA, INTERNATIONAL, E-MAIL or ALL.

USA, First-Class Mail® service is an affordable and easy way to send envelopes, stamps cost $0.55

CANADA and or INTERNATIONAL, First-Class Mail International® (FCMI) service is the most affordable way to send letters to more than 190 countries, including Canada and Great Britain. Send 1 oz letters or postcards around the world with one stamp which costs $1.20.

E-Mail only.

Here's a pic of some cards from '17!
17grfcards1.jpg

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yay!

I took a chance to drag my son out with the dogs to a popular autumn spot here a few weeks ago. We have pictures waiting to be out on cards and sent out.

It has brought so much cheer to our house over the past few years to be a part of this.

I’ll send you a PM.

·
3 goldens
11,906 Posts
Yipeeeee! I so look forward to this every year. Been doing it many years now. My Jerry always loved looking at the cards, especially the ones with folks dogs on them. He loved to go to our mailbox at the end of the street and come home with "golden cards" as he called them...and he would open some. I will miss that this year, tho I would not be surprised if he can see them from Heaven.

I am in as always and hope lots of others join in.

·
3 goldens
11,906 Posts
Remember, when you sign up and make a choice of USA only, USA, Canada only, Intranational, only, or E-Mail only, or any combination, you send to all in the category you sing up to send cars/e-mails to.

·
3 goldens
11,906 Posts
Umm, I do not see where to to PM you. No wonder I do not like this format. How do i PM you?

Reactions: Ivyacres

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, to PM me ( it's now called a Conversation) go to the upper right hand corner and click on your icon for Account Details. In the drop down menu select Conversations, Start Conversation.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to put...add your GRF Name too!

Anyone can sign up for this fun exchange. Send your info to me, I'll put the list(s) together, send them to everyone by DEC 1st. When you get the list, you send a card to everyone on the list you chose.
Then wait for the 'holiday magic' to begin as cards from GRF members start to appear your mail and brighten your day!

Cards can be any style you like and anyone interested in exchanging holiday cards can PM me with your
Name
GRF Name
Address
(e-mail)
pet's name

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
i will be sure to join in this year's exchange! I joined 2016, 2017 & 2018, but skipped last years as I was too busy ): always a fun time getting the cards in my mail.

·
3 goldens
11,906 Posts
Come on folks! This is LOTS of fun. I have all my cards going back 10 or more years that I got from members here with our exchange. Those of you who have done this knows how much fun it is to open cards with pictures of the doggies on them, or even just a card wishing us Merry Christmas. I still exchange with a few who no longer come here to post. COME ON AND JOIN THE FUN.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on folks! This is LOTS of fun. I have all my cards going back 10 or more years that I got from members here with our exchange. Those of you who have done this knows how much fun it is to open cards with pictures of the doggies on them, or even just a card wishing us Merry Christmas. I still exchange with a few who no longer come here to post. COME ON AND JOIN THE FUN.
I have to agree. It's a lot of fun sending and receiving cards from our GRF friends.
Send me your info me in a conversation or send an e-mail to [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
I'm in! Having those happy faces arrive in the mail is a great antidote for these trying times!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in! Having those happy faces arrive in the mail is a great antidote for these trying times!
Great! There are 4 members signed up: Ivyacres, 3 goldens, Ginams and OscarsDad. Hopefully more will join this weekend! (send me a message through the CONVERSATIONS in the drop down under your account details or send me an e-mail)

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
November has arrived. Here's the list of 7 members that have sent me their info to join the Card Exchange.
Ivyacres
Ginams
3 goldens
OscarsDad
danoon58
CCoopz
Macca

Remember, anyone can sign up for this fun exchange. Send your info to me, I'll put the list(s) together, send them to everyone by DEC 1st. When you get the list, you send a card to everyone on the list you chose.
Then wait for the 'holiday magic' to begin as cards from GRF members start to appear your mail and brighten your day!

Name
GRF Name
Address
(e-mail)
pet's name

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
HEY! I ordered twenty cards today and don't want any to go to waste. Let's get moving toward at least twenty (If we go over that I'll just order more!).

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The number of members joining the exchange is slowly growing, jennretz brings us to 8.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a reminder, it's time to be thinking about the Holiday Card Exchange. I think it would be wonderful to do this again, especially this year. It's always so much fun to get cards from our GRF family!

Cards can be any style you like and anyone interested in exchanging holiday cards can PM me ( through conversation) with your

Name
Address
(e-mail)
pet's name
GRF Name

·
3 goldens
11,906 Posts
/This is so much fun and I have done it for years. In this day of friends and family not sending cards lik in the old days (I use to gt around 60 or more at Christmas), it is a treat to go to the mail box and find cars form GRF friends. Come on and join the fun. It is great to display them. I have a card holdr I made 40 yers ago to isplay crds and I put it in my entry hall and anyone coming in sees all the beautiful cars of goldens and comments on it. And when it is full (it holds 20) I tap cards I do gt from family and friends on the frotn door door. Beautiful to look at it. Get in on th fun.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
/This is so much fun and I have done it for years. In this day of friends and family not sending cards lik in the old days (I use to gt around 60 or more at Christmas), it is a treat to go to the mail box and find cars form GRF friends. Come on and join the fun. It is great to display them. I have a card holdr I made 40 yers ago to isplay crds and I put it in my entry hall and anyone coming in sees all the beautiful cars of goldens and comments on it. And when it is full (it holds 20) I tap cards I do gt from family and friends on the frotn door door. Beautiful to look at it. Get in on th fun.
I couldn't agree more! The display of cards brings smiles to everyone who see them!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts