Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Christmas Card Exchange for 2022

5K views 99 replies 17 participants last post by  Ivyacres 
#1 ·
Will we be having a Christmas Card exchange this year ? It is always so much fun.

Reactions: Ivyacres and Ginams
#75 ·
Sorry not to join this year. My heart wasn’t in it losing Duke and Rocky in October. I may still get cards out to those who’ve participated in the past now that Hope has joined our family. This really is a great tradition and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#77 ·
Merry Christmas to you, Jenn! Barney sends hugs.

#81 ·
I have been steadily receiving the cards from our exchange. Each one with an individual wish and expression; so nice to see all the Goldens too! Here in the midwest we're in the midst of a potentially dangerous winter storm. Am glad to be able to hunker down. It'll actually be our first white Christmas in several years.
And Sankari said she mailed her cards from France on December 10th. Mine arrived in Wisconsin today, the 22nd, so the French and US mail systems did well!
Cheers to all, near and far!!!

#82 ·
Hi all, I hope you all received my card - which I know comparatively sucks 🙈 but I didn't have the time to make really nice ones for you guys.. sorry with the move all the way to Portland.. I hope no one is offended - but I'm really sorry otherwise..😟 We got our Christmas tree but no ornaments (because we ended up here just last week and have been settling in). I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I'm truly sorry for my quality of Ramses' cards

Attachments

#90 ·
That's really nice! 😊 In our neighborhood back in France, only the dog owners generally care (and usually the ones with labs, Goldens or huskies). Ordinary Americans in general seem very open and friendly - we have experienced this only in the North of Europe.. I would be grateful if Ramses will earn us some friends 😅

#93 ·
I received eight cards this morning!. Thank you all so very much for sending them all the way to Scotland. We've had lots of strike days here so things have suffered major delays, however, I'm proudly displaying all the lovely cards until the New Year!.

#94 ·
Love all my cards and they are on on display in my entry way.. I am glad you liked my card with Honey's picture and her story. Of course we never knew how she came to be at the pound. Surely if a family had lost that sweet loving girl they would have checked there for her. It is my theory ( theory only) that she belonged to a Navy family and they left her behind when they moved. That happened a lot according to our single vet here in town, and the little local rescue, which no longer exists since the Navy base shut down. Except for wanting to eat leather when she was much younger, her only fault was chasing every cat she saw. Wish I had her now to get run off the feral cats that sleep on my patio furniture, knock over pots and knocked planters off my little fence around my garden next to the patio when they take off when anyone openes the patio door, fight at night, etc. Problem is, she also wanted to do when being walked on her leash.

#95 ·
I am still receiving all your lovely cards. Another thank you to you all, I didn't have email addresses to thank you all individually but wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed opening and displaying each and every one!.

#99 ·
I love every one. The last one to arrive was from Buddy's Mom Forever in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
Each and every one is special and I love them all!
Do you put one of your cards up with the GRF cards? I do!!
Yes! Mine is in the pile. I found a Christmas tree in storage — metal and largish table top size. I think next year I’m going to use it as a card hanging tree. If that doesn’t work, I’ll hang them from the mantel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.