Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Christmas Card Exchange for 2022

3109 Views 99 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Ivyacres
Will we be having a Christmas Card exchange this year ? It is always so much fun.
Reactions: Ivyacres and Ginams
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

Registered
The list has grown again and there is still time to sign up for the fun card exchange!

Right now we have 15 members: Ivyacres (me), 3goldens, Ginams, Laurab18293, Tagrenine, Macca, Diane0905, zinnia, unpublishable, OscarsDad, Sankari, tiliandme, miked31784, danoon58 and Buddy's Mom Forever!

Here's the members that have signed up.
You still have a few hours to join before I send the list out!

Registered
My apologies for not posting in here before. I'll be doing eCards this year!. Thank you Debbie for doing the exchange again, I've kept all my cards over the years and look at them all every Christmas.

3 goldens
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Got my cards in mail yesterday. The golden on my cars is one we adopted 20 years ago today...Dec. 7, 2002. I included her story. Hope you enjoy it.

Registered
Ramses, golden retriever bred in France 馃槅
Mine won鈥檛 get here until the 15th or 16th and I will promptly send them out. I don鈥檛 remember it saying it, so if you get them after Christmas, 鈥淗appy New Year!鈥 馃槂

We are dealing with the French post 馃檲 If there's a impromptu strike we are more likely to be the ones delayed.. I have no tree this year or Christmas celebrations in my home because I move next Tuesday to the US- which makes me incredibly sad. So I don't have nice pictures for you guys - sorry for the disappointment.. 馃槱

Also my mother says my handwriting is awful - she said it's an assault to the eyes 馃ぃ so I apologize in advance for that. I really tried... I hope you guys can take some humour in this..馃馃徑

Thanks for letting me participate, sending cards at least made me feel I could Christmas a bit 馃槉

Registered
We are dealing with the French post 馃檲 If there's a impromptu strike we are more likely to be the ones delayed.. I have no tree this year or Christmas celebrations in my home because I move next Tuesday to the US- which makes me incredibly sad. So I don't have nice pictures for you guys - sorry for the disappointment.. 馃槱

Also my mother says my handwriting is awful - she said it's an assault to the eyes 馃ぃ so I apologize in advance for that. I really tried... I hope you guys can take some humour in this..馃馃徑

Thanks for letting me participate, sending cards at least made me feel I could Christmas a bit 馃槉
I have atrocious handwriting also. If you are moving anywhere near me here in South Carolina, come on over. We can sip wine and look at my tree. That would make me sad also. I hope you are moving somewhere you will love!

Registered
Mine won鈥檛 get here until the 15th or 16th and I will promptly send them out. I don鈥檛 remember it saying it, so if you get them after Christmas, 鈥淗appy New Year!鈥 馃槂
The holidays aren't over until the last card arrives...keep celebrating!

Registered

We will all be very happy with any card you send to us and as long as we can tell who sent it, it'll be wonderful!
Hang/display your cards, hang some mistletoe
Flower Plant Petal Terrestrial plant Flowering plant

and enjoy the holiday. 馃槈

3 goldens
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
When I went to the post office here in our little town to mail a package to my sister (and the price was outrageous) they didn't have any overseas stamps, so had to give me three stamps to make the postage. Two have flowers if I remembr and the third has a bunny rabbit on it! They were also out of Christmas stamps. I had 9 left from last year and I did use them, But I wanted more. However, I did end up with really cute stamp with the characters of Charlie Brown on them..

My handwriting has NEVER been good, and now at 77 with rheumatoid arthritis, and not the greatest vision up close (even with readers or my bi-focals), it is even worse.

Registered
Ramses, golden retriever bred in France 馃槅
@diane0905, thank you for your very kind offer 馃槉 I'm so thankful for this invitation 馃檹馃徑 unfortunately, I'll be moving to Portland, Oregon - so far away! You are so kind though 馃槉馃檹馃徑

My husband and I have never been to the US ever even for a visit. But when I saw the pictures of Oregon I already loved it. My husband was happy to be somewhat near the beach, he misses it alot. Oregon reminded me so much of Finland.. My husband is more ambitious, he is so afraid he will never get another chance to come back to the US and hopes to visit all the states with our golden.. we will see if any of that works out! I'll already be grateful if we have time to go up and down the west coast! 馃槄

I bet you all still have better handwriting!
@3 goldens, at 77, I thank you for taking the time and effort 馃槉馃檹馃徑 I hope I'm still reading and writing something at 77!

Thank you all! Can't wait for your cards and the adventure and the holidays in your wonderful country! 馃槉馃槄

Registered
@diane0905, thank you for your very kind offer 馃槉 I'm so thankful for this invitation 馃檹馃徑 unfortunately, I'll be moving to Portland, Oregon - so far away! You are so kind though 馃槉馃檹馃徑

My husband and I have never been to the US ever even for a visit. But when I saw the pictures of Oregon I already loved it. My husband was happy to be somewhat near the beach, he misses it alot. Oregon reminded me so much of Finland.. My husband is more ambitious, he is so afraid he will never get another chance to come back to the US and hopes to visit all the states with our golden.. we will see if any of that works out! I'll already be grateful if we have time to go up and down the west coast! 馃槄

@3 goldens, at 77, I thank you for taking the time and effort 馃槉馃檹馃徑 I hope I'm still reading and writing something at 77!

Thank you all! Can't wait for your cards and the adventure and the holidays in your wonderful country! 馃槉馃槄
How exciting for you both!! I've visited family out west, the coast is beautiful. Every road trip is special, enjoy them all.

Registered
Your husband's wish to visit all of our states with your golden is indeed an ambitious one! But if you did, I would bet that you'd have the welcome mat out for you in every one! I live in Wisconsin, by the way! ;)
...and I'm in northeast NY

Registered

You need to join us over in chit chat, "Fur Dawgs Only thread", we have a lovely member there who lives in Portland!

41 - 60 of 100 Posts