Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter where I go people argue that my 7 month old chocolate Labrador is a cross - I can kind of see it ? Pointer in her possibly ? I’m not concerned If she’s mixed as such because I love her anyway, just curious to hear other opinions? :)
Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Weimaraner

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
What a sweet face! She looks like a lab to me.

Reactions: trinarawlins

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
I've seen many labs that look like her. She doesn't have the blockiness of a "show lab" but the majority of BYB labs and some field lines seem to have very much this build and body type. Unless she looks a lot different from the side, I would not have questioned 100% lab.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Looks like a lab to me. And I say that as someone who’s had 3 labs. My lab who passed in December at almost 14 had this appearance but much smaller.

·
Kate
22,988 Posts
Am curious to know why anyone would think this dog is a mix?

Chocolate labs can have poor pigment + lighter eyes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had people ask me the same about our yellow lab. He is, without question, 100% lab, but comes from a kennel that was known for breeding dual-purpose labs. They'd been breeding for over 50 years, and didn't start breeding for the blockier body type that is now more prevalent.

Look at this dog: Shamrock Acres Light Brigade

This is how the breed looked several decades ago. Your girl appears to take more after what I consider this more traditional style of lab. I think she's lovely.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here’s a picture of Windy and my sons 9 mo. Chocolate, Rae. She is from a very reputable breeder and has the slim head/ body. A close friend has a $15k Black who is directly from National Champ field lines and she also has the slim head/ body and is an incredible athlete.
Dog Dog breed Canidae Grass Green

·
Registered
800 Posts
She looks lab to me. Gorgeous one. However, more photos would be useful. Does not matter they are the tastiest chocolate frappées and on top of that without calories

1 - 16 of 16 Posts