Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter where I go people argue that my 7 month old chocolate Labrador is a cross - I can kind of see it ? Pointer in her possibly ? I’m not concerned If she’s mixed as such because I love her anyway, just curious to hear other opinions? :)
Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Weimaraner

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
I've seen many labs that look like her. She doesn't have the blockiness of a "show lab" but the majority of BYB labs and some field lines seem to have very much this build and body type. Unless she looks a lot different from the side, I would not have questioned 100% lab.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had people ask me the same about our yellow lab. He is, without question, 100% lab, but comes from a kennel that was known for breeding dual-purpose labs. They'd been breeding for over 50 years, and didn't start breeding for the blockier body type that is now more prevalent.

Look at this dog: Shamrock Acres Light Brigade

This is how the breed looked several decades ago. Your girl appears to take more after what I consider this more traditional style of lab. I think she's lovely.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here’s a picture of Windy and my sons 9 mo. Chocolate, Rae. She is from a very reputable breeder and has the slim head/ body. A close friend has a $15k Black who is directly from National Champ field lines and she also has the slim head/ body and is an incredible athlete.
Dog Dog breed Canidae Grass Green

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.