Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone have experience of a dog with sensitivity to chicken? I am interested to know what the issues were and how serious, how they presented and how long it took to clear up. Chester is quite unwell and the vet is running tests, until they come back clear we are holding our breath but we suspect it is an immune issue with chicken as looking back he seems to have had problems with chicken each time hes had it after a while and the vet said it can have an accumalative effect. I am really anxious to get to the bottom of his problem and help my poor boy, hes so sad and unwell and if it is this then I want to be prepared for getting him back to better health. He starts on antibiotics today to help with any infection lurking due to his temperature, lets hope he starts to feel brighter with them.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
A lot of dogs have sensitivity to chicken.
I hope that the antibiotics help fast and that your baby gets back to health. If it is an allergy to chicken, now it is up to you to take all things chicken out of his diet if you have not done so already.
Good luck to you and your fur baby!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I never knew about sensitivity to chicken - but any dog can have a specific allergy. Allergy response does increase with each exposure because antibodies continue to build.

These things should really help if indeed the problem is an allergy.
1. Antihistamines should dampen the response
2. No more chicken products!

Keep us posted on how Chester is doing!

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I am interested to hear how your dog's symptoms first presented and what led you to figure out it was a chicken allergy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts