Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,399 Posts
The article states the FDA has not identified the brand, and they can't figure out why it makes the dogs sick.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
It would nice if they would identify the brand. My mom gives them to her dog and I know you can get some sort of chicken jerky treats at Costco. I usually read the labels to see where they are manufactured, but that won't tell you if the actual ingredients are coming from China.

·
and now Mollie's mom too
1,268 Posts
I know someone that had/has (not sure as they moved) the sweetest brittany mix that loved the chicken jerky treats from Sam's Club (Walmart). Last I heard he was in kidney failure and the treats were being blamed. He was a young dog. To me, all chicken jerky treats are off limits, just not worth taking the chance when there are so many other choices of treats out there.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Does anyone have a home recipe for chicken treats? Wakefield loves them but I looked at the container and, sure enough, they're made in China. There's a "dehydrate" function on our stove which I've never used.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We bought a dehydrator, and simply bought chicken breast from wholesale clubs, and cut it and throw it on the machine~

Does anyone have a home recipe for chicken treats? Wakefield loves them but I looked at the container and, sure enough, they're made in China. There's a "dehydrate" function on our stove which I've never used.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Wow - thank you so much for the warnings! It sounds like a wholesome low fat treat that I have been tempted to buy (but didn't). It's like a recurring nightmare.

I hope that Costco and other warehouse stores discontinue these treats ASAP.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
All those packaged treats-and various plastic wrapped animal body parts-have always made me wonder how much checking is done (bacteria, chemicals, etc).
If I am going to give Brooks a treat, I try to make it a piece of something I would eat myself (of course, we know our dogs aren't quite so selective as they think cat poop is wonderful)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts