Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow, his paw looks awful, just red and infected, it's not the pads but the sensitive skin in between his pads, thought he cut it on ice but now it looks like an infection. It hurts him for me to touch it

He is limping, I try to keep it wrapped to keep it clean...poor boy..wish us luck tomorrow!

Attachments

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
Poor boy, please give him a hug and kiss from us !! XXOO

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about him earlier and wondering how his foot was.

I hope all goes well tomorrow....please keep us posted.
Sure will, thanks..it won't be until later in the day, gotta work until 4 pm so he won't go in until after 4 pm.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Poor boy.... hope all goes well at the vet and he's back up to speed soon!

Julie and Jersey

·
Registered
958 Posts
Poor Chewie...you guys will be in our thoughts, but I'm not too worried...you are a good mom and I know you'll get him all fixed up good as new.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
i'll be thinking about chewie this afternoon. maybe he can get one of those nice striped stockings like tilly had?
beth, moose and angel

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm sure his paw will heal ok.In the worst case he'll have to be on some antibiotics.He'll run around soon!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hugs and healing thoughts for Chewie today at his vet appt. Hopefully this will help to clear it up.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a hot spot in between his pads, never ever heard of that, but that's what he got:doh:

Antibiotics and steroids will take care of it.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Awww poor Chewie. I hope he gets to feeling better real quick. Your a good Mom Claudia!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I'm glad you found out what it is and Chewie now has meds for it, but yep, that is a new one to me too.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm thinking with all the snow we're having it's a perfect spot for a hot spot, his paws are wet coming in and growing a hot spot.

Just never heard of one on their paws.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts