Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I've finally given up trying to walk Chester with all this snow....He's determined to plough his way through nose down and I don't think my arms can take it anymore! so I'm cheating (a little) and taking him either up to my mums Garden or the small enclosed field near us. That way he zoom, plough, jump and track to his hearts content!
Here are some piccies from this morning!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
He looks like he is having a grand old time. Mr. C is pea green with envy with amount of snow you got - he loves it too. I so hear you about trying to walk Chester. Mr. C will be walking nicely and the next thing I know he down in the snow rolling around like a mad man.

·
Danielle
659 Posts
aw Chester is so handsome! I am so jealous of your snow! This will be Milos first year with snow.. we had some when he was 5 weeks old and still at the breeders house, we took him outside her house to play a little but I am sure he doesn't remember. I can't wait for snow so he can play!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank-you all!!
He's loving it, specially when we all go sledging, he loves racing the kids down to the bottom! I'm always amazed he know what kids are ours even with all the snow gear on...I even have trouble telling them apart!
We've had this snow now for over a week and its due to stay for next week too (fingers x for white Christmas) My arm is killing me with the constant tugging when he finds a bit of snow that obviously needs sniffing through I hate to admit it but I sometimes can't wait till it all melts and Chester goes back to being the nice calm dog he normally is!
But in the mean time I shall just enjoy his puppy style romps in the snow (especially since we didn't get him till he was 12 mths old and missed all the puppy fun! lol)

·
Registered
668 Posts
There's definitely something about snow that brings out the puppy in dogs no matter what age. That digging, snuffling and snorting is priceless and I'm glad you get to see Chester in puppy mode seeing you missed those moments. He's gorgeous. Hope your arm feels better soon!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
He is a very handsome in the snow....my two boys is the only reason I am looking forward to snow they had so much fun last winter. I love picture #2...look Mom snow!!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Have fun Chester, Darby and Kirby are so envious!! :D Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

I am hoping we get a "little" snow this year, they so enjoy it and last year was really a fluke, we don't usually get much snow.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Murphy's strategy for getting the snow cleared is to eat it all. You can imagine how effective that is.

Kira

1 - 11 of 11 Posts