Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I think this is fair price if you are happy with the dog and I think most importantly to you (based on your precious posts) the puppy is coming with a mentorship from a breeder you have a good relationship with.
Even better if he is coming with an initial eye clearence or maybe prelims on his hips and elbows.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the breeder would be a mentor for sure and requires that if he doesn't win with me as a handler, that I hire one etc. he has to Title before any breeding...

He has prelims on elbows and hips but not eyes I don't think. He has never showed but handles grooming etc

I'm still following up on a few breeders I contacted. The price seemed high to me from the others I've looked at in the area but I know Xcelerate has produced champions

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I would also ask why she does not want keep him? Did you get to see an 8 week old puppy picture of him stacked? This is a line breeding on hobo.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Also depending on contract... Is she going to co-own him with you and sign off when all clearances are complete and he has titles? Does she get free stud service out of him?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Yes, the breeder would be a mentor for sure and requires that if he doesn't win with me as a handler, that I hire one etc. he has to Title before any breeding...

He has prelims on elbows and hips but not eyes I don't think. He has never showed but handles grooming etc

I'm still following up on a few breeders I contacted. The price seemed high to me from the others I've looked at in the area but I know Xcelerate has produced champions
I have looked at OFA and I do not see his prelims? Did she just take a X-ray of hips and elbows and not send them in?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kfayard, you are so helpful! Thank you! Well she said she had X-rays...and it would be co-own and she has complimentary stud rights to him and he must title to be bred. There are pictures of him stacked at 8 weeks. She said he kept pick male and pick female from her last litter and was planning on keeping him until she decided that her stud in Buenos Aires was coming home and didnt want to have two intact males to deal with females... :-/ so he needs a new home.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I pmed you :) I would need more details in the contract.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts