Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just come back from our Easter break in the caravan and Charlie did not let me down !!!

1st We were walking in the high street in Whitstable and Ray went in a shop I stayed outside with the girls and Charlie thought she would have a lay down right in the middle of the pavement and would she get up NO good job she had her harness on the people where laughing at me trying to get her up.

2nd We were half way round the walk we were doing we were in lovely grounds and we came to a style Daisy scrambled through and Charlie tried but got stuck she reversed out and then just lay down as much to say I can't get through there so I had to push and Ray had to pull she just would not help herself at all and the next style again Daisy went over ok but not Charlie we had to lift her over.

3rd Sitting on the pub garden and there where ducks on the pond she was barking and trying to get to them then a cat jumped over the wall well poor Ray I saw the legs on his chair go in the air but he managed to hang on to her and the chair did not go over and yes I was laughing he wasn't don't no why.

3rd Just finished an 11 mile walk and we were walking down a country lane and the girls where hot and Charlie spotted a very big muddy puddle and before Ray could say NO she was laying down in it looking very pleased with her self.

The photo's were on the walk i could not get the funny ones as the camera was in my rucksack.
The one or them in the pub garden is not the one with the ducks and cat but Daisy enjoyed hunting in the garden while Charlie took it easy.
And the place in the hills looked strange right in the middle of no where
And Charlie enjoyed her dip in the sea it was a lovely warm day.
The girls were quite tied after there long walk

But we all had a good time.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
lol, oh Maggie I was laughing all the way through those stories...she is a real little character!! The pictures are lovely too, looks like paradise for a golden, all those country walks. Sounds like you had a wonderful time despite little miss Charlie's antics!!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, oh Maggie I was laughing all the way through those stories...she is a real little character!! The pictures are lovely too, looks like paradise for a golden, all those country walks. Sounds like you had a wonderful time despite little miss Charlie's antics!!

You may get to meet her this year :uhoh:

·
she'll always be the one
2,452 Posts
Beautiful pictures, Maggie. Thank you for sharing your adventures with the girls. If those openings on the hill were round, I would swear they were Hobbit holes!! :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Great pictures and glad that Charlie didnt let you down. That girl just cracks me up. It looks like it was a beautiful place for your easter break. Your girls are beautiful as ever and I always love to see the pictures of them. I like that last picture too.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pictures and glad that Charlie didnt let you down. That girl just cracks me up. It looks like it was a beautiful place for your easter break. Your girls are beautiful as ever and I always love to see the pictures of them. I like that last picture too.

Thanks Carol
I am sure my old Sadie picked Charlie for me to keep me laughing and keep me on my toes and i bet Sadie and Meg look down from the bridge and laugh at us trying to control Charlie :uhoh:

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Maggie - great pics, sounds like the dogs had a great time even if poor Ray had to suffer a little bit.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Great pictures and I had a lot of fn imagining your walk and Miss Charlies' antics. I don't know why you don't just pick her up andncarry her and save her the effort. That sure looks like what she is asking for in the 6th picture.
I was feeling a little bummed today and this brought a smile to my face. I think I'll go take my boys for a hike.
thanks!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great pictures and I had a lot of fn imagining your walk and Miss Charlies' antics. I don't know why you don't just pick her up andncarry her and save her the effort. That sure looks like what she is asking for in the 6th picture.
I was feeling a little bummed today and this brought a smile to my face. I think I'll go take my boys for a hike.
thanks!

Glad Charlie made you feel happy and carry her she is a big lump :D
Hope copper is doing ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
some great photos we have had our boys max and harvey for two and a half years and havnt been brave enough yet to do the holiday thing. Having just joined the forum i take it that charlie can be a little devil like my harvey:). cant believe how white in colour your dogs are they are lovely, but have to be a nightmare to keep them looking that way. Mine are more yellow and white. when clean!!;)

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some great photos we have had our boys max and harvey for two and a half years and havnt been brave enough yet to do the holiday thing. Having just joined the forum i take it that charlie can be a little devil like my harvey:). cant believe how white in colour your dogs are they are lovely, but have to be a nightmare to keep them looking that way. Mine are more yellow and white. when clean!!;)

Yes Charlie can be very naughty :) and it is hard to keep them clean.

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Maggie, they are really good pics of your girls and it's a good one of them with Ray in the last one. I was so with you on your walk (in my imagination).
You know everybody, Charlie isnt that naughty she is just a very lovable rogue and it's great to hear Maggies stories cos they are never boring. I love both Maggies girls.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maggie, they are really good pics of your girls and it's a good one of them with Ray in the last one. I was so with you on your walk (in my imagination).
You know everybody, Charlie isnt that naughty she is just a very lovable rogue and it's great to hear Maggies stories cos they are never boring. I love both Maggies girls.

(Patsy You are their Step Mum)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Copper is doing great, but once again decided to come home without me yesterday. He and Jack went through a deadfall I had to climb around and I couldn't find them once I got through. We were still on our property, but parts of it are pretty rough.
I guess they decided I had gone home so they did too. I sure was glad once I quit climbing all over the ravine and came home to see them waiting and wagging their tails! My vet days he needs to lose 10 more pounds so we've been hiking when it is too wet to take the horse and I can't keep up.
I'm being outwalked by an old dog with shoulder problems and a crooked legged bassettX!!!!
The place in the hills was weird looking. I wonder if it was a burned down house?
anyway, glad you, Ray and the girls had a fun hike.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Copper is doing great, but once again decided to come home without me yesterday. He and Jack went through a deadfall I had to climb around and I couldn't find them once I got through. We were still on our property, but parts of it are pretty rough.
I guess they decided I had gone home so they did too. I sure was glad once I quit climbing all over the ravine and came home to see them waiting and wagging their tails! My vet days he needs to lose 10 more pounds so we've been hiking when it is too wet to take the horse and I can't keep up.
I'm being outwalked by an old dog with shoulder problems and a crooked legged bassettX!!!!
The place in the hills was weird looking. I wonder if it was a burned down house?
anyway, glad you, Ray and the girls had a fun hike.
Glad copper is ok he is doing really well my Meg was always a bit tied after she had her spleen out but she enjoyed life and was happy.
That place in the hill looked like in could have been and old shelter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts