Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice! Which DSLR did you get? Enjoy it and have fun!
It's a 5 or 6 year old Nikon D5100 with the standard 18-55 mm lens. I also use my Google Pixel XL phone to take the "out and about" pictures since I don't always have the DLSR on me for those random cute moments. Needless to say, I have a lot of pictures of her on my phone. Might mean I need to keep the DSLR with me at all times of the day. Ha.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This post will be pretty image heavy so I'm sorry (but not sorry) in advance.

I love it when her mouth gets "stuck" like that.

She has a penchant for preferring the cat's toys over her own, though not by much.

Here's one of the toys that has been "walked". She loves burrow toys (toys that have 3 smaller toys inside that the dog has to root around in to get out.) and has about 4 different ones at time of this post. This is her Halloween burrow toy that's shaped like a pumpkin treat bucket with 3 squeaky "candies" inside that she has to dig out. When she doesn't have a toy to walk, she has a talent of finding the biggest leaf at the beginning of the walk to carry.

Her tongue has a mind of its own some days

We got to go watch the new Lion King with a bunch of other doggies this past Monday (she was so incredibly well behaved. Proud dog mom right here). She wasn't too thrilled with the lions mane I had her wear a few times though.

She's perfected the art of the puppy eyes, and it's really hard to say no to those big brown eyes

Bonus Tofu relaxing in a corner with his turkey leg on full display

It's really hard to believe that my sweet puppy is going to be a year old already in just a short month. We're planning on having a little birthday party for her with a few of her puppy friends, and I've already ordered her birthday girl bandana. I've also registered her for further obedience classes with the Hollywood Dog Obedience Club and hope to have her CGC by January (it's a 10 class course with classes every Saturday starting next week with the option to take the CGC test immediately after the final class), and maybe get her into further classes to start potentially with competitive obedience if she shows enough promise and drive to do so.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Those are fun pictures, thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Recently upgraded to the new iPhone 11 Pro Max with the really fancy camera. I've had it for only 2 weeks and already have 288 pictures on it, and that's after doing multiple purges of duplicates, blurry photos, etc. And about 95% are of Zelda because she's the most perfect model (and puts up with my shenanigans). She turns 1 in 10 days and I'm not quite sure where the time went.

I can't help that she's just so photogenic.

Always has something in her mouth.

She's seriously such a good sport (most of the time).

Not sure who saw the movie "The Art of Racing in the Rain", but we were invited to meet Parker, the golden retriever cast to play Enzo in the movie. I swear goldens just know when they're around other goldens because every owner/handler I've talked to confirms that their dog just beelines straight to the other golden even if they've never met before. This definitely happened with Zelda and Parker to where I tried to keep them separated for a majority of the time until it was time for pictures just so that his handler didn't have too much issue because these pups were about 10 seconds away from trying to chase each other around the very small store we were in. I tentatively wanted to get a picture of the two together, and Zelda behaved beautifully. Parker's handler even complemented her focus making me incredibly proud of my girl.

Little family picture at Halloween.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Great pics again. Zelda and Parker look almost like beautiful statues in that first picture. I think Rukie is going to need that giant stuffed bone for Christmas. Is it the 22 inch one or bigger than that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Great pics again. Zelda and Parker look almost like beautiful statues in that first picture. I think Rukie is going to need that giant stuffed bone for Christmas. Is it the 22 inch one or bigger than that?
Yeah, it's the 22 in Petlou Fleece Bone. It's got a grunter in the middle as well as 4 squeakers on each point on the bone [link]

Thank you. I was holding up a dog cookie to get her laser focus. She usually can sit nice and still for a little bit, but treats are definitely a way to make sure of it. You can also definitely see that she's young (at least in my eyes) when side by side with Parker. Just waiting impatiently for her adult coat to come in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, little girl had her first birthday about a month ago. Made her some dog cupcakes, got her a puppy patty at In-n-Out (just a burger with no seasoning), and topped it off with a puppaccino from Starbucks.

Gettin' into the holiday spirit

21 - 32 of 32 Posts