Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Bonnie is 10 months old now. She’s still fighting and ear infection and we go for a recheck tomorrow.
I noticed this week she won’t eat her whole meal at once. She use to eat it all right away. Now she eats a little comes over for pets, eats a little more... last night I had to sit next to her an pet her so she would eat.
Could this be from not feeling well? Or is it something else?

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,874 Posts
It could be because she's not feeling well and her appetite is affected or she may not need as much food.

When you have her at the Vet for her re-check, let your Vet know

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Is she still on antibiotics? That can affect appetite. Some dogs just develop into slow eaters. I just left kibble in the bowl all the time for my Tawny and she stayed lean and healthy but Rukie would probably eat a 40 pound bag in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is she still on antibiotics? That can affect appetite. Some dogs just develop into slow eaters. I just left kibble in the bowl all the time for my Tawny and she stayed lean and healthy but Rukie would probably eat a 40 pound bag in 10 minutes.
The antibiotics are ear drops, can they effect appetite. It’s not that she’s not eating she is. It’s just where it used to take her five minutes, it now takes he’s 15 because she keeps coming over to me for pets. But if I sit next to her she’ll eat it all in one go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts