Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
LOL ... true ... not only was that a gross misinterpretation of what was said ... it's highly likely that the poster has never personally seen an FC AFC Golden, much less spent enough time with one to realize that the EXTREME attributes desirable in a competitive field dog are intelligence, athleticism, courage, watery nature, soundness, obedient. And I have heard from a pretty good source that at least one FC AFC was an outstanding therapy dog at a children's hospital. Yeah, those darned extreme dogs ....
If my comments were interpreted as rude, then I apologize, as that was not the intent. It was meant as an observation, based on your phrasing. I'd like to point out that you stated quite adamantly that you want an "extreme dog," in no uncertain terms, as that is what it takes to win. I fail to see how that can be misinterpreted. I refuse to argue with you about the qualities required to compete in a FT because the qualities required to win may or may not line up with the breed standard. I interpreted your post to mean that you want a dog that can win, regardless of whether that dog fits into the standard. If that is not what you meant, then I misinterpreted what you were trying to say. If you did, indeed, mean that winning is more important than the dog fitting into the standard, then my comments stand accurate as posted.

Calling someone " very self centered" is considered a rude thing to say in most of the places I go. Must be a little different where you are. My bad.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Calling someone " very self centered" is considered a rude thing to say in most of the places I go. Must be a little different where you are. My bad.
No, I called the poster's viewpoint, as I interpreted it, self-centered. One can have a self-centered position on a topic, yet not be a self-centered person. I would be remiss in calling anyone that I do not know "self-centered," but I can certainly form an opinion about someone's position on a given topic, based on their use of language.

·
Kate
20,440 Posts
LOL ... true ... not only was that a gross misinterpretation of what was said ... it's highly likely that the poster has never personally seen an FC AFC Golden, much less spent enough time with one to realize that the EXTREME attributes desirable in a competitive field dog are intelligence, athleticism, courage, watery nature, soundness, obedient. And I have heard from a pretty good source that at least one FC AFC was an outstanding therapy dog at a children's hospital. Yeah, those darned extreme dogs ....
But again, when you are using the words "extreme" and redefining this breed so it is more like (God forbid) Chessies and field labs, that's when people have to object. Breeders should not be breeding for EXTREMES. They should be looking for moderation. And they should be making sure they are keeping the breed together (physically and mentally).

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
But again, when you are using the words "extreme" and redefining this breed so it is more like (God forbid) Chessies and field labs, that's when people have to object. Breeders should not be breeding for EXTREMES. They should be looking for moderation. And they should be making sure they are keeping the breed together (physically and mentally).
So are you implying that goldens should only be moderately intelligent, athletic, courageous, watery, sound, and obedient?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
So due to the fact that we are getting off topic and getting hostile towards other i am asking admin to shut the topic down.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.