Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is going to be a CERF clinic in February in my area with a discounted rate for the club. Scout will be 10.5 months...should I go for it or wait? Or, since this needs to be done yearly should I wait until she's two when I do hips and elbows? (No heart clinic that I know of, but I will look into it).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I CERF'd my golden and had her heart done at 12 months; I took advantage of the CERF clinic because it was a good price--a 50% discount over what the eye vet normally charges. The CERF clinic was being offered by a local all breed club; the local golden club offered the heart clinic. My golden is not yet 2, so I do not have OFA hip and elbow clearances. Guess to answer your question, I went for it.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
It will not harm anything to do it now. If you are hoping at some point to breed Scout I would do eyes now and heart after 1 year of age. This way if there is an issue and you will not be using Scout for breeding you can spay her whenever you want rather then wait till she is two and you do all the clearances at that time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts