Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the day we always know will come but we hope and pray does not. This is the day that over the past couple years I thought was here only to witness her make amazing recoveries. This is not about the loss but instead it is about the gift we were blessed and privileged to enjoy for the past 13 ½ years. It is the day we will CELEBRATE our girl Keeper, as we promised her and her granddaughter, Kizmet, we would do. Those of you who know me, know the bond Keeper and I have had over the years. She was and will always be THAT dog to me. She has taken us to places we would not have otherwise been. She has taught me that to be a team player you need to trust your partner. But mostly she has allowed us to be a part of her life and for that I am a better person, I believe. We will miss her head nudges to get our attention when she felt it was time for someone to pay attention to her. We will miss the happy trot out the front door in the morning to retrieve the newspaper. We will miss her flopping on her back as soon as she knew she had you and you would have to rub her belly. We will miss her never ending wagging tail that could clear off the coffee table in a single pass. I am happy I was there to help her when she needed me the most and that some where I found the strength to do so. Above all we will miss the “GOOD DOG” she has been since the day she entered our lives. Please join us in our CELEBRATION as today we will celebrate our Keeper. For there will be far too many tomorrows for tears.
Rest well and play hard till we meet again sweetie. Give Brandi and Kizmet kisses for us. Till we meet again at the Bridge know you will forever live in our hearts.

Can OTCh Viking Princess Gold-Keeper SH UD MX MXJ OAP AJP RN OD CCA WC VCX Can AGN WC VC (July 9, 1996 – February 16, 2010 )

Loved by
Hank, Joyce and Julia Hahn

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Oh Hank I am so sorry. I know through all of your past posting how much Keeper meant to you. I love that you choose to celebrate her life and the joy that she brought you. You and your family will be in my prayers.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Hank, Joyce and Julia,

What a great blessing you all have had for more than a decade! Keeper sounds like the perfect housemate, bringing pleasure and joy every day, reminding you that it's the little things in life that can be the most rewarding. Shine on, Keeper, as you make new friends at the Bridge and wait patiently to be reunited with your human loved ones. Your people will miss you dearly, so send them a sign that you've arrived safely.....

With condolences on your loss,
Molly

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
What a wonderful tribute to a dog who had such a strong spirit and love for life. Those Good Dogs are rare treasures, for sure!

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
You missed one: We will miss your whining, kissing, peeing greetings after any one of us had been away for more than a day or two.

She wasn't our first golden... but in many ways Keeper is the one who started it all for us. If not for her, I wouldn't have this goofy fluff-ball lying on top of me right now. She forever changed what it means for us to have a dog in our lives. She was my girl-- the first dog I ever "owned," even if I had to share her with my dad... and she was his heart. She was a once-in-a-lifetime dog and I count myself lucky to have spent nearly half my life with her in mine.

I love you sweet girl... my Queen Bitch. Play hard with Brandi and Kizmet. And know I'll always carry you with me.

Julie and Jersey

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl! I'm sad to hear she is gone, but I will join you in celebrating her wonderful life.

Run hard at the bridge, Keeper!

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
I am sorry for your loss, but will join you in celebrating Keeper's life and the time you had with her. She was a beautiful girl and your tribute to her is lovely.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hank,

That was an incredibly touching tribute to your beautiful girl, Keeper. My sincere condolences to you, Joyce and Julie.

Play hard at the bridge, Keeper, play hard.

Nancy

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
What a beautiful tribute to Keeper....so sorry for your loss!! You were both lucky to have each other in your lives.

RIP pretty girl!!!!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Hank, Joyce and Julie,

So sorry for your loss of Keeper.

When we have our "heartdog" for longer than we expected, everyday is a gift, and a definite reason for a celebration. We will all miss Keeper.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
So sorry for the loss of Keeper but how right you we should celebrate there life no human has taught me as much as my dogs or brought me the joy they bring us.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Hank, Joyce and Julie - My heart goes out to you...
Keeper ...run and wrestle to your hearts content.
There are many fields and clear waters left to explore...

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
So sorry for your loss, 13 1/2 years I know is a good life for a golden but their is never enough time with them. RIP sweet girl.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts