Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Happily the FDA is NOT in charge of anything CBD in NEVADA and THE MAJORITY of the other states via states rights, concerning CBD etc.

I post the results of my own research and experiences in this thread. Since no one posting negative thoughts about CBD, has shown ANY experiences or research (outside of the few misleading FDA statements) to back up that negativity; there is no credence to those negative posts.

Scare tactics are not what this is about.
ie: CBD gets our dogs stoned, which is debunked rubbish at best, meant to frighten!

The utter hypocrisy of the FDA is clearly shown by the patent(s) currently held by the USA with regard to CBD as a medical treatment. To accept this type of baloney would set a very dangerous precedent in the modern world of today.

Calling other people's opinions stupid (CBD or otherwise, without supporting proof) are not what this is thread all about. It's all about POTENTIAL POSITIVE alternatives for our dogs, and not about censorship!

I and a few others, have shared our positive experience with our dogs, but to date, there have been zero negative experiences with CBD posted on GRF, that I am aware of. ALL EXPERIENCES, both positive and negative should be presented for people trying to decide whether to try CBD for their dogs or not.

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,631 Posts
This is a prime example of why the internet is dangerous for certain individuals and why people should be licensed to use it. People who have no idea what they are talking about or have an agenda right these articles with no background in understanding of what's really going on thinking they know what experts or governing bodies know. Other people read it and it takes them down a rabbit hole of misconceptions. Those readers are then locked into to one thought and everything/everyone else is wrong and be ****** or can't think for themselves to see it their way. Sounds like a Fox News viewer honestly.

I ran out of popcorn, gonna make more before this show is over! :D

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,631 Posts
"I and a few others, have shared our positive experience with our dogs, but to date, there have been zero negative experiences with CBD posted on GRF, that I am aware of. ALL EXPERIENCES, both positive and negative should be presented for people trying to decide whether to try CBD for their dogs or not. "

So this is one breed, and most people likely don't even know this is available for their dogs so the exposure is likely almost nil. How many breeds are there? and not all have a resource/venue like this for their breeds and the GRF doesn't have a huge user based compared to the number of households that have a Golden. Also, Mutts, there are really no venues like this either. so you're going to take a sample size of what .00001% of dog owners on this site as the reason there have been no side effects?

I need more popcorn in a hurry!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
The information and videos that I posted are of numerous breeds., not just Goldens, Border Collies, Aussies etc.
Goldens are still classified as dogs.

The few attempts to derail this thread, that is meant to allow people to think for themselves, and make informed decisions concerning treating their OWN dogs, without being intimidated by ill informed and misleading non-information, is simply unacceptable by any stretch.

Anything positive or negative ( Factual or experience wise with examples, not opinions meant to mislead others.) concerning CBD and ANY dog is surely welcome, and was never discouraged.

One needing a license to be on the internet??????????
YIKES!

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
For me- I don't have positive or negative experiences to post re CBD because there is no way I would give to my dogs. I suspect I am not alone. Until it has testing- which the FDA is in charge of- and years of anecdotal experiences behind it, I suspect no one else will use it either unless they are desperate and fall into the hole you have dug.

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,631 Posts
Honestly, I am not trying to derail it. I just wonder why you say you want people to think for themselves and do their own research when you obviously have an agenda to push this on people. And when there are things like the FDA which know 1000 fold more than you do, you tell people to ignore it because it is going against what you are PUSHING on people. If you had no agenda you wouldn't be making 1000 word posts with link after link every other post.

I am beginning to think you are in this business, growing or selling. The only reason I can think of that you push this so hard.

"One needing a license to be on the internet??????????
YIKES!"

This was obviously in jest/sarcasm

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE FOR THEMSELVES......AFTER VIEWING WHATEVER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.
It is NO ONE's business to tell them not to or to attempt to instill fear in those that try.
People DO NOT have the right to attempt to influence anyone with their lack of knowledge, on CBD or otherwise.

Perhaps the reason that there has been no adverse news about people treating their dogs with CBD is because there isn't any!! :)

The worst that I have been able to locate, was that CBD did nothing to help a particular dog, but nothing to indicate damage of any kind.

The only way that some people will get a reality check, is to watch what happens abroad in countries with progressive governments, that don't stifle research (currently like Israel), where US drug companies have the green light to proceed with CBD testing, and distribution.

As it stands..people that think CBD should be illegal still are VERY MUCH in the MINORITY!, as are the few states that still ban it for medicinal use. No one is trying to change those minds!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Some more information that basically says the same things as sources above..NO ADVERSE effects from CBD with dogs treated with a normal dose..ANYTHING overdone will have negative reactions, and it is up to us as responsible owners to dose properly, as with any other pet medicine!
===================================================================================
From Sitstay:
"
CBD for Dogs: A Vet Explains the Pros and Cons

CBD for Dogs: Avet explains the pros and cons shows a happy brown dog

In the past few years, CBD products have been gaining popularity in both people and animals.redacted**and other **redacted products have been studied to determine their effects on people and animals. The studies show that CBD for dogs and other *redacted * products are beneficial.
What is CBD for dogs?
Cannabidiol or CBD is found in Encyclopedia Britannica article redacted *. Unlike what many people believe CBD does not contain THC. THC is the compound found in redacted**responsible for the euphoric state. In recent years CBD has been explored for potential medical uses with success in both human and**redacted.
Is CBD safe for dogs?
CBD oil is very AKC link redacted. Many dogs show improvement with their condition after taking CBD for a few weeks. Many people have reported that using CBD for dogs or cat has significantly reduced or eliminated pain from arthritis or helped with seizures and other neurological problems.
Benefits of using CBD for dogs
Colorado State University Veterinary School has published studies showing the benefits of CBD oil in reducing pain associated with osteoarthritis. The information that we have regarding the use of cannabis in veterinary medicine has come from recent studies done on laboratory rodents (mice, rats, and guinea pigs). Studied on laboratory animals has shown benefits for disorders of the cardiovascular system, cancer, pain, disorders of the respiratory system, or metabolic disorders. There has been very little published studied on cannabis in dogs and cats. Most of the studies in companion and large animal medicine are on the toxic levels, effects, and treatment rather than therapeutic applications. Currently, some of the most frequent studies of cannabis in veterinary medicine are for the treatment of redacted glaucoma redacted, pain, skin disorders, and cancer.
Cannabis has been shown to have a wide variety of beneficial effects on the body in laboratory and companion animals. Most cannabis has psychotropic properties, which can cause behavior effects in animals and can become addictive. However, many other medications have these same effects and are used for medical purposes today because the benefits are much greater than the side effects. Pet owners have reported the successful use of CBD with their pets for both large and small animals. Studies are being performed to prove the benefits of cannabis in animals as well as products being produced that limit the THC content to help decrease the potential for toxicity.
CBD for dogs: A Vet Explains pros and cons shows a beagle running on a trail on a sunny day

Symptoms treated by CBD for Dogs
There are many different problems that CBD products can help treat, such as:
  • Anxiety: CBD has been shown to help hyperlink redacted Many people will use CBD around thunderstorms or fireworks. CBD products will help keep your dog calm
  • Arthritis:One of the primary uses of CBD is for pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. Colorado State Veterinary School has published studies on the effects of CBD in arthritic patients. The study showed that CBD does help decrease the pain and inflammation associated with this disease.
  • Cancer:CBD may help decrease the size of your pet's tumor. Also, if your pet is undergoing chemotherapy and feels nauseated, CBD products can help reduce nausea and even help increase their appetites.
  • Seizures: A recent study has shown that CBD products can help decrease the number of seizures that your dog has. In the study, 89 percent of dogs who took CBD products saw a decrease in the number of seizures. CBD products are suitable for those dogs who do not respond to traditional medication or who cannot take conventional medicines due to the side effects or other diseases.
  • Skin disorders: CBD has been shown to help repair a healthy Skin Barrier. When this barrier is disrupted, hyperlink redacted bacteria, and yeast are allowed to invade the skin causing all the skin disease that we see. CBD will help repair this layer and help your pet to feel much better.
Potential risks and side effects of CBD for dogs
There are studies published that show that CBD given to dog over a long period of time at very high dosages have little to no side effects. Some of the dogs taking the medication long term did show a slight increase in a liver enzyme (ALT). While most other medications used to treat dogs can have a large list of unwanted side effects. This makes CBD a great option, especially for those pets with chronic pain or other medical conditions that prevent them from taking traditional medications.

Types of CBD products for dogs
There are many different types of CBD products for dogs. These are the typical type of products that contain CBD:
  • Oil & Tinctures: CBC oils are an effortless way to give your dog CBD. The oils can be mixed in their food, a delicious treat, or dropped directly into their mouths. Some dogs do not like the taste of oils, so combining them with something yummy helps with palatability. Now many oils are made with flavors to mask the unappealing taste.
  • Capsules: CBD oil can be put in a capsule. This makes it easy to hide in a treat to give your dog.
  • Treats: Most CBD companies also make treats infused with CBD. This is an excellent option for those picky dogs.
Advertising removed per the forum rules.

CBD for Dogs: Choosing the Right Products

There are many things that you need to consider when buying CBD products. Make sure that your CBD products are organic and do not contain other preservatives. When looking at a company, make sure that they produce high quality and pure CBD. Also, make sure that you are getting your products from a reputable source. Most companies have their products tested by 3rd parties to show the exact makeup of that batch. Make sure the company that you chose is selling good quality products.
CBD products are great to give to your dog for many different reasons. If your dog is suffering from a disease, talk to your veterinarian about trying CBD for your dog. These products have shown so many beneficial properties that it is a great supplement to give to your dog.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.