Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cathy's Gunner -(Gunner and Honey's Mom), asked me to post this on the forum for her about her Gunner-

She's asking for good thoughts and prayers for Gunner-

The news was not good from the oncologist. Gunner has Apocrine Gland Adenocarcinoma. 50% of dogs live 12-18 month and 50% live less. He is otherwise very healthy so we are going to beat the 18 months! He will start chemo soon. Please keep him in your prayers. I'm ! — feeling broken.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Definitely in my prayers. How sad.

·
Registered
17,479 Posts
Really sorry to hear this, sending prayers to precious Gunner and his mum.

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
Very sorry to see this. Lots of prayers for Gunner and his family.

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Sending many prayers and good thoughts.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Im sorry Cathy...Im sending prayers for Gunner, he's tough, he can beat this. I will light candles at the Shrine for him this week....Hoping the chemo gets the cancer. ((((HUGS)))))

·
Karen
986 Posts
Gunner and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there Cathy. Hugs

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Sending good thoughts and prayers for sweet Gunner and Cathy.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Sending good thoughts and best wishes for Cathy and Gunner......

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,621 Posts
Thank you. Yes, Honey is 6 now. I got her at 16 months. Gunner will be 9 August 30th and we are going to beat the 12-18 months that I was told. He is very healthy other than the "C". The mass was on an anal gland and it was only about 3 mm in size. A vet tech caught it during a routine anal gland cleaning. My vet and the oncologist have said encouraging things to help me believe we can fight this. The glands/mass were removed 11 days ago and he will start chemo either this week or next. Thanks for your prayers. I'll try to come on here more often.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts