Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I adopted my kitten she came on pro plan kitten dry food and the woman who adopted her to me gave me a few cans of science diet wet food. I have been researching the food and I am thinking of switching the dry food to Eukanuba as is says it has more nutrients and makes then poo less (who knows if thats true??) Anyways I was wondering what you guys feed your cats/kittens?

Also, about the wet food... is it suppose to be a treat or do you feed it to them everyday? I just got her a week ago and only fed her 2 cans of the wet food so far. Can that stuff be mixed with different brands? I have got several brands of the wet food and she hasn't had an issue with eating different ones. Sorry for all the questions, first time cat mommy. :p:

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
My cat came to us as a stray, he's eaten dry, whatever-I-have-a-coupon-for the entire 15 years he's been with us. He's still going strong and never been sick a day.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love your answer!!!!! The so called 'recommended' stuff is really expensive. Time to look through the flyers to see what's on sale. :D

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
We used to feed Meow mix to our cat for almost 11 years. She got sick and I think she threw it up one too many times and didn't want to eat it anymore. We have since switched to Purina Cat Chow and haven't had any more issues. Cats are sometimes easier with food, but I have also seen some extreme allergy cases.

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
(Dry) Pro Plan Adult Cat Food... :)

(wet) - Generally Friskies or Fancy Feast.

Our cat likes his dry food. He will lick the gravy from the moist food and leave the actual food behind... and he refuses to eat the food once it's been in the fridge. So yep, it's more like an expensive snack he gets a couple times a week. And he's the same way with canned tuna - which is what our previous cat liked. >.<

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(Dry) Pro Plan Adult Cat Food... :)

(wet) - Generally Friskies or Fancy Feast.

Our cat likes his dry food. He will lick the gravy from the moist food and leave the actual food behind... and he refuses to eat the food once it's been in the fridge. So yep, it's more like an expensive snack he gets a couple times a week. And he's the same way with canned tuna - which is what our previous cat liked. >.<

I think ill get pro plan again next time since I have a coupon for it.. she loves the stuff. I bought a whole bunch of fancy feast the other day since it was on sale and she loves it... you are right about it being cold. I already put it all in the fridge but I warm it up for a few seconds before I give it to her and she gobbles it right up

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I just bought our barn kitty a bag of Premium Edge Hair ball forumula (he eats things with fur :() and he's over the moon for it. It was a bit pricey but he gets only 1/4 cup twice a day so it doesn't seem so $$$.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a 8 year old female and a 7 year old male cat. My female has eaten purina cat chow indoor formula most of her life. My male was a stray and for the 5 years he has lived with me he has eaten cat chow and fancy feast wet food. My vet says they are as healthy as can be!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I also wanted to say I don't give wet food because my cat simply doesn't eat it. She just licks off the gravy. She does get plenty of water (she really loves drinking water... always has. Her BW is normal, by the way).

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
My cat Molly has eaten purina cat chow her whole life plus some wet food and she is 19 this year. She has never been to the vet for anything other than her spay and shots. Her sister and brother Merlin and Kelly died at 17 from what we guess was old age heart failure. They never had any health problems either. I'm not sure if you know already but fancy feast makes a wet cat food just for kittens.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My cat Molly has eaten purina cat chow her whole life plus some wet food and she is 19 this year. She has never been to the vet for anything other than her spay and shots. Her sister and brother Merlin and Kelly died at 17 from what we guess was old age heart failure. They never had any health problems either. I'm not sure if you know already but fancy feast makes a wet cat food just for kittens.
Oh really? I was trying to look for kitten wet food in fancy feast but only found normal cat food. I got that anyways because it was cheap but i will only give her 1/4 of that at a time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts