Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Carson up to a local lake last night. He's never really swam before, but he was lovin' it last night. It was a really good time. :D In the past we haven't really been anywhere that he could swim. He's walked/ran through shallow water at the beach and river, but never really got his feet off the ground. I was surprised at how quickly he picked it up....apparently goldens like the water... :doh: :D

Ok, dad....throw the ball!

I got it...

I think I can touch the bottom now...

All right...I made it all the way back...

Getting cleaned off before going back home...

Look at how good I look...

...a boy and his dog! :D

·
Mom to Geddy and Sawyer!!
6,059 Posts
awww yay for Carson!! It sure seems to be absolute bliss for them!!!

·
Banned
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awww yay for Carson!! It sure seems to be absolute bliss for them!!!
Yeah, it was a blast! He was pretty unsure at first but he started to get the hang of it eventually, and was really into it. ...and I gotta say....he looks kinda funny when he first comes out of the water....kinda like a drowned rat. :D

·
Coopers Mom
1,307 Posts
I can't wait til I can take Cooper swimming. Too bad all the lakes around here are polluted :(
I love the 3rd pic from the bottom.
Looks like he had a lot of fun. Betcha it was hard to get him to stay out of the water after!

·
Banned
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a face Carson has!!! Just majestic. And obviously didn't need swimming lessons!!!
It was a good thing that I wore swim shorts too. At first he didn't want to go farther than he could touch the bottom....he'd stop and look at me "well...are you gonna get the ball...you threw it too far!" But I walked out there with him and then he followed me to get it, after that....no problems. :D

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I think that Carson is taking to the water just great. He look like he is having a great time swimming and retrieving.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Oh, now you've done it, Jeremy, you'll have to go back again, and again, and again! Carson looks like he found a little piece of heaven...and I really like the 'boy and his dog' pic...you two make a handsome pair :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts