Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big car nut, and regularly attend my local Cars & Coffee gathering. There's always lots of people milling around and chatting cars, and there are even some pups that are in attendance too. For the last two weeks I've been bringing Riley with me and she LOVES it. It seems to be a great way for her to get used to riding in the car with her seat belt tether, and it's a wonderful way for her to be socialized to other people so that she doesn't get as overly excited as my last golden Misty used to get when folks would come to the house. Here's a couple of pictures of Riley getting ready to go and out at the event.

And here's my favorite picture of me and Riley at Cars and Coffee

If you're a car and dog lover, definitely look for your local Cars & Coffee, and assuming your pup isn't lactose sensitive, get him/her a Pupaccino too!

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Riley is adorable! How old is she?

I see some nice Corvettes in the background of one of the photos. Cool!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Riley is adorable! How old is she?

I see some nice Corvettes in the background of one of the photos. Cool!
Riley is 14 weeks old. There's always a good showing of Corvettes, Ferraris and Porsche's at my local Cars and Coffee. Occasionally there's some Lamborghinis, McLarens, and Aston Martins sprinkled into the mix as well. And of course, there's those who, like me, have their pups in tow!

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,197 Posts
Riley's adorable, enjoying her pictures.

Must be fun going to the car shows with her.
I see those really nice Corvettes too, they look great.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Indeed it is. Riley loves going to meet all the people and other pups!
OMG Riley is so pretty because I have a real weakness for really feminine Goldn females and she looks like a 'Daddy's Little Girl' :) I took Cara with me in the car from the moment I got her and into all my daily social situations. Result ? 12 years of riding around the country with me and being able to join in any social situation. You are doing good Marc! P.S. I had A M Z-3 3.01 when I got Cara and she and I cruised that while she grew up....people loved seeing her in the passenger seat....then a Cayman S.. (they were/are both Red)....she had her head out the window and people would just light up. Sabrina will be growing up in the Cayman S...not bad :)

Sabrina -11/14/15 (Gotcha Day) - Daughter of Tag
Cara Mia - 7/3-7/15 - My forever Little girl Heart-Golden - Pennylane Golden

Attachments

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Nice to see a fellow Delawarian on the forum! I don't see too much of us on here..

Riley is such a pretty girl! You're doing a great job socializing her :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice to see a fellow Delawarian on the forum! I don't see too much of us on here..

Riley is such a pretty girl! You're doing a great job socializing her :)
Hey :) I got Cara in Delaware so as far as I am concerned...Delaware is the 'Golden State' of the U.S. !!!

Cara-Mia - 7/3-7/15 - Pennylane - Daddy's forever Heart Golden

Attachments

·
Senior Royal Member
5,571 Posts
You could have snuck in one picture of your car. Even if you put Riley behind the wheel to make it a dog picture.

Max

Reactions: Jud

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could have snuck in one picture of your car. Even if you put Riley behind the wheel to make it a dog picture.

Max
Ask and, ye shall receive I suppose, here's the car that brings Riley and I to Cars and Coffee on Saturdays, my 2013 Audi S4 that's been modded a bit here and there.

·
Senior Royal Member
5,571 Posts
Nice car Marc. You are taking good care of Riley.

Princess Daisy prefers my "hunting Jeep", 1983 Grande Wagoneer Limited to my wife's 2004 Volvo S60. I guess the Jeep means ducks or dove, and the Volvo means vet or bath. LOL

Max

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice car Marc. You are taking good care of Riley.

Princess Daisy prefers my "hunting Jeep", 1983 Grande Wagoneer Limited to my wife's 2004 Volvo S60. I guess the Jeep means ducks or dove, and the Volvo means vet or bath. LOL

Max
Thanks. Riley loves going for rides. She rides in the S4 to fun stuff and to the vet. We haven't done ride to the groomer yet, though since she's still small enough that she's manageable for a good shampooing at home and she doesn't need the occasional trim yet either.

And here are a couple of pictures of Riley patiently waiting to go for a ride to Cars And Coffee this past weekend!

·
Registered
833 Posts
So cute!!! Come on Dad, let's go already!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts