Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Goose & Merlin
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good water dish to travel in the car with? We travel 1 hour to and from our training classes and there is no water available. Merlin is parched by the time we get home. I would need something that doesn't spill easily but that can also hold a decent amount of water.

·
Super Moderator
881 Posts
Does he ride in a crate?

·
Registered
Goose & Merlin
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does he ride in a crate?
He does ride in a crate. But I mainly want something I can pull out when we are stopped. Not necessarily something to stay inside the crate.

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
He does ride in a crate. But I mainly want something I can pull out when we are stopped. Not necessarily something to stay inside the crate.
Then you just need any water bowl. I have a stainless steel water dish that lives in my car. I bring water in a big thermos any time we go training, or go for an off leash walk somewhere, pretty much any time it is warmer than 10-15 degrees Celsius, which is when Shala considers it to be warm. I give her as much as she wants and dump the rest when we're done.

Reactions: mbrod12

·
Registered
Goose & Merlin
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually found a neat water bottle that has a bowl already on top. They have a growler sized version which would probably work better since I have two dogs. I think I might give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
881 Posts
Kennel buckets work great for either scenario. They don't spill if you leave them in the crate attached with a double-ended clip, and if you don't want him to have water in the crate, you can just fill up when you stop. Kennel buckets were a game changer for me. LOL

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
We use kennel buckets and a bottle of water. Fill bucket up, give dog a chance to drink, toss the leftover on nearby plants, load up, go home.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
this is pretty good, my friend has one and I've been meaning to get it as well.

Out of stock on chewy at the moment but you might be able to get it on amazon.
side note, it can be a little hard to clean the handle area, you'll need a flexi brush to get into that area.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,671 Posts

·
Kate
21,851 Posts
I just keep a metal food bowl in my training bag + bring a gallon of water.

You don't need something to hold a lot of water - just refill as necessary.

I water them before heading home and put the empty bowl back in the training bag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts