Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2020 Ford Expedition with captain chairs in the 2nd row. Dude likes to sit on seat. We envisioned him on the floor between seats but he like the view from the seat better.
Any recommendations for seat covers? Seems like most are hammocks or for bench rear seats.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I have Captain's chairs in my minivan. Rukie won't get up on them at all. He has a harness that clips to a floor bolt and he sits on the floor with his head over the center front console looking for petting. He looks at me like I'm crazy when I try to get him to climb up on the chair. My little dog slipped around so much on the leather that I guess I'm fine with him on the floor. So sorry no helpful advice just a long winded bump up

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,810 Posts
I'm glad my dogs weren't on a seat in my Expedition when we were recently rear-ended at 90 mph, propelled across 5 lanes of freeway traffic, hit the center divider head-on, then hit by another car that propelled us back across 5 lanes of traffic, and then finally hit by a semi. They'd be dead. As we would be if we were not properly restrained.

My dogs ride in this, which is what I recommend.

We are all merely one breath away from total disaster, every moment of our lives. Control is an illusion. If you love your dogs, restrain them in the car, please.

·
Premium Member
18,566 Posts
I'm glad my dogs weren't on a seat in my Expedition when we were recently rear-ended at 90 mph, propelled across 5 lanes of freeway traffic, hit the center divider head-on, then hit by another car that propelled us back across 5 lanes of traffic, and then finally hit by a semi. They'd be dead. As we would be if we were not properly restrained.

View attachment 883515 View attachment 883516

My dogs ride in this, which is what I recommend.

View attachment 883518

We are all merely one breath away from total disaster, every moment of our lives. Control is an illusion. If you love your dogs, restrain them in the car, please.
Holy cow Dana! Are you all ok? That must have been a nightmare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts