Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I now have car magnets available.

The Rescue Magnets are $5, with $1 of each sale going to a local golden rescue organization. I was able to get the cut-out of a dog's head in the ribbon - I thought that turned out really cute!

I don't have a picture of the Spay & Neuter magnet yet. It's shaped like a paw print, also $5, with $1 going to the Humane Society.

I won't make any money on these at all, but I like being able to donate $$ to some good groups. :)

http://DogMomDogDesigns.bravehost.com

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a picture of the Spay/Neuter car magnet. $5 each, with $1 of each sale going to the Humane Society.

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had planned to start with the Humane Society where I live & currently donate personal money to (in Washington State), then donate to other area Humane Society organizations across the US in $50 increments.

But, I like your suggestion of HSUS. I'd like to read up on how much of donations are used for adminstrative costs and what exactly they use the donations for. If you have some information that you can share, I'd love to know more.

I'm also talking to several Humane Society locations, not just in Washington, about programs where I could provide these car magnets to their locations directly to help generate funds for them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Please bear with me for a few minutes as I'm not sure how to approach this Humane Society topic without stepping on toes. But sometimes toes need to be stepped upon, I guess :wave: .

I think the HSUS is a radical, whacko organization of like PETA and The World Animal Federation. I simply do not know how the HSUS can get away with having a name so simlar to our local Humane Societies. But the HSUS has no connection whatsoever with the great Humane Societies, Rescue Centers, and S.P.C.A.'s across our country that do a great service to our pets. If HSUS had their way none of us would have our wonderful Golden Retriever friends as pets.

Of course, I cannot nor should not tell you how and where to donate your $$ but please look carefully at the organizations first. :crossfing

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate your candor because I didn't know anything about HSUS. I saw where regular donations to HSUS go to a "legislative fund" for changing laws regarding animals....hmmmm, now what I had in mind. Then I saw an "animal fund" but it seemed to go to some pretty non-main-stream things.

My true goal was to help animals that currently reside in Humane Society shelters & in Rescue waiting to go to forever-homes or foster-homes.

If I donate $$ from sales to a specific Humane Society or a Rescue organization, I can tag it to be used only for food to feed animals, or for a specific animal that needs medical care. Personally, I really like that better, and 100% of what I donate will go to specifically what I donate it for.

I don't want people to feel like they are supporting organizations that are so far away from where they live, so that's why I wrote into my business plan a way to donate to other areas of the country. I'd like to look for specific organizations that are very much in need. The hardest part will be deciding who is in most need, so I will have to pick a few that I feel really need donations the most & select from those at random, unless anyone has any other suggestions. I'm open to any suggestions.

Boogity, I appreciate the information that you've provided.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Abby,Please don't forget the rescue groups.Most are funded by their members and could use an extra donation.
I think what you are doing is wonderful,
Shane

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, $1 from each sale of the Rescue car magnet will go to Rescue groups, and $1 from each sale of the Spay/Neuter car magnet will go to the Humane Society. I want to donate to both, so that's why I'm offering two magnets. :)

Most people are buying 1 or 2 of each, so that's very good! :D

I wanted my magnets to be a little different from just the regular magnets that you see all the time. The Rescue magnet has a dog head cut out in the loop of the ribbon. The Spay/Neuter magnet is the paw print shape. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts