Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Butters has been throwing up all day. I woke up this morning to four piles of food/throwup and then about 2 hours after breakfast Butters threw up again and then after dinner he threw up his dinner. It looks like he is throwing EVERYTHING up.... nothing is getting down, not even water.

Any ideas of what might be wrong or what I could do? I haven't seen him get in to anything.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I think I would get him right into the vet since he cant even keep water down. He could get dehydrated very easily. It sounds like he either ate something very bad.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I would get him right into the vet since he cant even keep water down. He could get dehydrated very easily. It sounds like he either ate something very bad.
Will tomorrow morning at 8am be soon enough do you think? We are under a tornado warning right now... a tornado is forming just North of us and it is probably not the best time to be out and about...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't feed buster for at least 24 hrs and then feed him a bland diet. You can give him plain rice with groung beef. If you can get him to drink a little gatorade maybe he can keep that down. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm sorry,I see his name is Butter. Cute name.

We just had a tornado go through missouri so my mind is a little rattled.

·
3 goldens
11,789 Posts
I would get him to the vet first thing in the morning. If he is not even keeping water down, it could turn serious in a hurry.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Since you are under the tornado warning, dont go anywhere. Be safe and get in the basement. Like someone said try and get some gatorade in him or icecubes to let him lick on. Then go in the morning.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Get your baby to the vet first thing in the morning. Please let us know how it goes...

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I hope you had a good night with no tornados!
Better to be safe than sorry and take Butters to the vet. I hope he gets better really fast.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
I was just checking in on Butter..and you? I hope you both are well and safe.

·
3 goldens
11,789 Posts
checking in on Butters and was hoping for good news that he is doing fine.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi all,

Butters is perfectly fine... thanks for checking back and all of the well wishes. We really appreciate it!

Butters and Koda had grooming appointments this morning at 8am so I was taking them to the vet anyway. I gave Butters gatorade last night and he didn't take much of it ... but he didn't throw it up either! He ate breakfast this morning, huge bowl of water, dinner tonight and more water and everything is A-OK. The nurses at the vet checked him out today and kept a close eye on him all day. They say he is just fine... He is also going to the bathroom regularly so that seems like stuff must actually be going down.

Thanks again everyone... I am glad you were here for me so late at night with the support and the gatorade idea!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Thank goodness Butter is all well. Hopefully it was a little 24 hour bug.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Good news. Now listen Butters..... NO MORE SOX!! These young puppers are giving me anxiety attacks with all their "indiscretions"!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts