Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard of this site, and think that it is AWESOME!! You can look up your dog, and it will show their scores from the different shows they were at. I was even able to find the results of my Novice A dog from 2005!! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!!

Canine Performance Scores Database | Home

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
That is just amazing!!! Wish they would so something like this for agility!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wow, what an amazing site!

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
I'm afraid I have a new addiction. :)

I just wish the database went further back. I'm curious about some scores back in the 80's...

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Me too - My King is not on there so I'll be watching the site for their updates :) Well the 80s and the 90s would be great to see!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Oh gosh, I just looked up my Laney...I had forgotten many things... not that least of which she sailed through Novice and Open only to hit a snag in Utility. I had forgotten that my mildly unilaterally dysplastic girl got her UD at 8 years!! Now I have to check everyone else!!!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
This site is very lacking, Laney 's scores are missing rally. Cookie's and George's scores are also not complete. Cookie is not even listed as a CDX....

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
I was really intrigued with the site, so read everything. The way it works is just pulling results. So if you have not entered Cookie in a show as a CDX, it would not show her as a CDX... This database does not track your titles. Also, from what I can tell it is only obedience, not rally.

Page for Known Issues: Canine Performance Scores Database

Very awesome site! I hope they do one for agility.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Actually, it lists Cookie as a CD RN when in fact she was a CDX RE, with2 RAE legs... I guess what I am saying is that it doesn't show that she showed in Open, let alone got a title.

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
Actually - it looks like she's missing a novice leg if you look her up. It shows three Qs in Open.

I noticed something like that with some other dogs I looked up. I wonder if it has something to do with how the search works?

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
It was so much fun looking back at Tally's four CD legs( we did a bumper). We knew absolutely nothing about formal obedience except what Hank taught us on this forum and what we watched on Youtube, and we went in and winged it. I didnt know how to hold the leash formally or any footwork, but Tally has exceptional attention heeling, solid stays, and always tries his hardest. Not the greatest scores, but not bad for a dog just turning 2 and a novice owner who didnt even know the rules! Our Rally scores are not listed though, Rn through RE. Now we finally have a real instructor ( Thanks Sally'smom) who had her own OTCH dogs, so maybe we can polish up our Open scores at least and head to Utility.

Dog information
Registered name: GoldivaRaleigh Tangled Up In Blue RE
AKC number: SR44475103
Breed: Golden Retriever
Owner: L Simmons
Obedience show results:
Show name Date Class Score Placement
Saccarappa Obedience Club, Inc. 2009-09-20 Novice A 181.0 2
Lewiston-auburn Kennel Club, Inc. 2009-09-27 Novice A 190.0 1
Merrimack Valley Kennel Club, Inc. 2009-10-17 Novice A 192.5 1
Merrimack Valley Kennel Club, Inc. 2009-10-18 Novice A 186.0 1

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing that I think is really neat is that you can click on the individual show, and see all the results from the day!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
It helps to have someone watching you...

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I must say though that some of my scores were pretty embarressing:(

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
It is fun looking up shows! Don't worry Susan, I am very impressed with you training and videos!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I like that it includes where you place in the class, even if you weren't in the top 4. Something AKC doesn't do. It admits on the website that it isn't completely accurate so I wouldn't use it for anything official but it is fun to look at.

It makes sense now that titles are missing: if the dog wasn't shown again after earning that title then they wouldn't have updated the title

Reactions: LibertyME

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Embarrassing? Nah, you were out and about with your dogs! That is way more than most people can say, and your dogs don't get retired before they ever hit their stride!

Be proud - okay, saying that I'll admit I want my scores higher as well, but life happens :)

I must say though that some of my scores were pretty embarressing:(

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
oh we BARELY Q'd for our Utility A shows, so it's kind of fun to see how the scores improved over time rather than being embarrassed by the lower ones :)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Embarrassing? Nah, you were out and about with your dogs! That is way more than most people can say, and your dogs don't get retired before they ever hit their stride!

Be proud - okay, saying that I'll admit I want my scores higher as well, but life happens :)

+1 (I think that is right if I concur with the post :doh:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts