Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
love my retrievers
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my retreivers has been diagnosed with canine distemper, the vet prescribed Cephalexin for her, when i started giving it to her, she started twitching, AND SHE GOT WORSE BY TIME, i informed my vet and he told me it's a normal stage of the canine distemper, she was unable to walk and sleep (from the twitching) "She still eats, drinks, and gets excited over anything" she is still the same but with the neurological problem. long story short, my vet advised me on euthanizing her, i didn't want to give up on her but she is always restless and in pain,i had no other choice, BEFORE THAT, JUST TODAY i decided to cut off her antibiotics just to see how it will go without it... and well SHE IS NOW SLEEPING without twitching i am really shocked she hasn't been sleeping well since forever!!! i have googled Cephalexin side effects but it didn't have anything to do with the nerves. Does anybody know anything about that? i could really use some help.

also, how long does it take for the medicine to get out of her system? she has been taking it for over 20 days now.

PS. she is still twitching, but not when she was sleeping

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
I am so sorry..

One of my retreivers has been diagnosed with canine distemper, the vet prescribed Cephalexin for her, when i started giving it to her, she started twitching, AND SHE GOT WORSE BY TIME, i informed my vet and he told me it's a normal stage of the canine distemper, she was unable to walk and sleep (from the twitching) "She still eats, drinks, and gets excited over anything" she is still the same but with the neurological problem. long story short, my vet advised me on euthanizing her, i didn't want to give up on her but she is always restless and in pain,i had no other choice, BEFORE THAT, JUST TODAY i decided to cut off her antibiotics just to see how it will go without it... and well SHE IS NOW SLEEPING without twitching i am really shocked she hasn't been sleeping well since forever!!! i have googled Cephalexin side effects but it didn't have anything to do with the nerves. Does anybody know anything about that? i could really use some help.

also, how long does it take for the medicine to get out of her system? she has been taking it for over 20 days now.

PS. she is still twitching, but not when she was sleeping
I am so sorry that your dog is going through this. Call the vet and ask.

Reactions: Shamsx$1

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Checking in to see how your dog is doing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts