Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Candy is now two and a half, yesterday and today she keeps snorting and sneezing over everyone, just like she has a cold.
Can Goldies get colds ?

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
I'm glad this question was asked because my 6-almost-7-month is sneezing a lot too recently... I wonder if it's the change in seasons/temperatures? We're taking him to the vet next week.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Yes, dogs and cats can get colds just like humans. It could be infectious rhinitis or a URI if sneezing is the only symptom. If you have other pets, this is highly contageous. Has anything in the dog's environment changed recently? Any new pets, carpets, etc.? I would get to the vet to see if an antibiotc is needed.

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Yes, dogs and cats can get colds just like humans. It could be infectious rhinitis or a URI if sneezing is the only symptom. If you have other pets, this is highly contageous. Has anything in the dog's environment changed recently? Any new pets, carpets, etc.? I would get to the vet to see if an antibiotc is needed.
Crap...

Max came but that was over a month ago. The weather has gotten drastically colder recently, though.

Now I'm even more worried.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I would get both of them to the vet to be on the safe side. Dogs can get respitory infections like people.

·
Miss Happy
1,504 Posts
Miss Happy was sneezing/panting and it was time to have her yearly vac. The vet took an x-ray of her chest and it was clear....he thought it was allergies. We are watching her and give her benedrayl (sp ?).

·
3 goldens
11,945 Posts
mY THOUGHT WAS allerty. We had a pointer who was allergic to some weed--never did know what it was. During quail season--Nov. Dec. and Jan when things were deal--in some feilds he woudl sneeze over and over. Other nothing. We knew it had to be some weed or grass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts