Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I hope sweet Tizer is doing better. Positive thoughts are being sent out for Tizer, Hollie and the whole family.

·
Registered
17,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Tizer went back to the vet today for some blood work. His kidneys are functioning better and he is generally brighter in himself. He's eating small amounts and even managed a bark. The vet and nurses are amazed at what a fighter he is!.

Thanks all for the good thoughts and prayers x

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm glad to hear Tizer is feeling better. I hope he continues to improve. More good thoughts are being sent out for him......

·
Registered
17,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Tizer is doing much better. He's still a little picky with his food but Hollie and her family are offering all sorts of culinary delights to get his nose twitching. Thanks all from me and Hollie for the good thoughts and prayers, they're very much appreciated x

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm so glad he's perking up. I hope he recovers completely!

·
Registered
17,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Unfortunately Tizer's latest bloodwork didn't come back as good as everyone would have hoped. His kidney levels have gone up a bit and can’t afford to go up anymore and his blood count isn’t as good as it was. He’s got to go on a special low protein renal diet, so Hollie and her family have had to cut out everything he’s been enjoying (chicken, burns biscuits, treats). It’s going to be a bit of a battle as to what he'll eat as he’s very picky with his food. On a positive note his pancreas is better now and he’s extremely well in himself and trying to get up to all sorts of mischief.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Unfortunately Tizer's latest bloodwork didn't come back as good as everyone would have hoped. His kidney levels have gone up a bit and can’t afford to go up anymore and his blood count isn’t as good as it was. He’s got to go on a special low protein renal diet, so Hollie and her family have had to cut out everything he’s been enjoying (chicken, burns biscuits, treats). It’s going to be a bit of a battle as to what he'll eat as he’s very picky with his food. On a positive note his pancreas is better now and he’s extremely well in himself and trying to get up to all sorts of mischief.
Wow, it's not like they haven't been thru enough. I'm sure they'll get him to eat.

·
Registered
17,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I spoke to Hollie a couple of weeks ago and she said he was doing OK, his kidneys are permanently damaged but he's eating a special diet and in general much brighter in himself. I'll message her later to check on how he's doing now.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts