Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies in advance for the poor quality. Some candid shots of Tito running with his trainer, Annette, today. The camera is doing something weird, it "pauses" sometimes. No, he is not capable of pausing in mid-air over a jump, it's the camera. No idea why.
Hopefully this will work, here goes:

Agility Training 12-21-11.MOV - YouTube

ok, sorry, couldn't figure out how to embed it, you'll have to click the link unless someone helps this techno-idiot figure it out:doh:

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
That was fun to watch!

Reactions: hotel4dogs

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Very nice :) Thanks for sharing. He is looking great.

ETA: No pauses when I was watching it either :)

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
I love it! That was very fun to watch! Nothing pauses when I am watching it either!

Tito looks like he is having a blast!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tito loves agility, he thinks it's a blast! He was a bit slow today, as we had just done 2 hours of field training right before agility. He was a bit on the tired side!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to add that the person running him, our trainer, is AWESOME. Normally I run him in training and she's been running him in the trials, but with this silly a$$ boot on my foot I can't do much at all so she is running him for a couple weeks in training. Probably a good thing, as they can get used to each other for the upcoming trials. Anyway, it's kinda more fun to watch her than Tito, she's so good. Notice her proofing him on the table by swinging her arms after giving him a stay command. She's not only a great trainer (and one of the ORIGINAL AKC agility judges!) she's also a fantastic person!

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
I definitely noticed the table proofing! :) Something I do with the little moo all the time!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
What I noticed the whole time was that Tito is so attentive to her. He waited after each obstacle to see where she wanted him to go. He really looks good even after 2 hours in the field!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks...you noticed the thing that has made Tito really stand out from a very young age, and get so many titles so quickly and easily. He is the most focused dog you can imagine. We have said so many times the building could fall down, and he wouldn't even notice because he's focused on his trainer/handler. Even at 8 weeks old he focused like that.
I believe 2 of the puppies in his first litter will have the same focus. It's very exciting!

What I noticed the whole time was that Tito is so attentive to her. He waited after each obstacle to see where she wanted him to go. He really looks good even after 2 hours in the field!

·
Registered
226 Posts
How fun to get to see him in action. No pauses when I watched the video, but I would have just figured that super hero Tito COULD pause in mid air! :)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tito at 8 weeks old (with my daughter). This photo is classic of his focus, even as a very young pup. It was taken at puppy class, you can't see in the picture because they are standing near me, but there are a lot of other people and puppies there.
One of the 2 boys in the litter sits and looks at you like this, too.

Attachments

Reactions: Sunrise
1 - 15 of 15 Posts