Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I could find online were on olx/quikr (online marketplaces) and the likes, which are most likely from puppy mills as the breeder couldn't even answer general questions like if the puppy is American Golden or British. I live in Delhi, India and I am willing to travel to the neighbouring states as well ~200-250kms(even more if need be) but would very much like to avoid air travel with the puppy as I have heard horror stories about the conditions in which puppies are kept while traveling by air and would definitely want to keep that strain away from the puppy. This is the first time I would be getting a puppy for myself after having a dog in the family when I was little and would definitely like to start in the right way, need help!:frown2:

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,230 Posts

·
Kristy
9,931 Posts
I would contact the Golden retriever club of India and also Rhadika Chandrashekar in Chennai as she will be able to point you in the right direction Annef
AnneF, I was hoping you would see this and respond. It is nice to see your name posting here, I hope that you are doing well and have a wonderful 2018 - Happy New Year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I did go through these threads, but as I mentioned, I am really hoping to avoid air travel with the puppy as I have heard horrific stories of how the pets are treated while traveling by air and I was hoping to find a breeder in northern India within 250-300km of Delhi so that I can drive and get the puppy from there myself avoiding air travel.

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,230 Posts
Hi, I did go through these threads, but as I mentioned, I am really hoping to avoid air travel with the puppy as I have heard horrific stories of how the pets are treated while traveling by air and I was hoping to find a breeder in northern India within 250-300km of Delhi so that I can drive and get the puppy from there myself avoiding air travel.
As Archersmom said, you can fly with a pup in the cabin in the US and Canada.
Check with the Airlines where you live.

There's a thread in the Puppy Section with tips for flying with one. Several members have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Air India provides facility that you can board with a puppy and sit in the front row (economy ofcourse). The weird criteria is that Pilot should be ok with it and that you get to know only during boarding. Mostly of what I have read, pilots do not have an issue. Another option is First Class AC Coupe booking by Train.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts