Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Mother Nature has really foulded up and got confused and thought this Texas Coast was up north and set winter upon us. When Honey and I woke up this morning. I put thecomputer on local weather--ikt was26with wind chill of 13. It is not suppose to get thatcold down here, tho some of my norhtern golden friends swear they are being kind and sharing the cold with us.

Well,I told Honey itwas time to go do business, but she she just snuggled deeper in thecovers and would not get up. Can it be that sheread thatreport and knew it was to darncold forman or beat outside? I know she is smart, but can she read?

She held it as long as she could, but finally did have to go outside and do her business. But by then it had warmed up to 34. It is suppose to be even colder tonight. Tomorrow I will not turn the computer onto the weathersite UNTIL after she has gone out and done business. That way she won't know just how cold it is!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
LOL - Honey's my kinda girl!

My little knucklehead hears 15 degrees with a 0 wind chill and thinks "Awesome! Let's go for a two-mile hike!" :doh:

And... so I take it you're not liking our cold weather? :p:

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
She is too funny....sounds like she is ready for spring. My two love the snow but I don't think they are enjoying this cold snap we are having...they don't like to stayout any longer than they need to.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Funny, my dogs are loving this cold snap. I caught Flip laying out in the middle of the yard, looking like he was sunbathing. Usually he'd be right by the door waiting to be let in.

I, on the other hand, am not handling it so well. I have not been outside yet, just open the door a crack and let the dogs squeeze through.

·
3 goldens
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget my girl is a "southern belle" and us southern folks do not go in for cold. Actually, right after we got married we moved ot Ohio ('65) and lived inAkron for 7 years. I was barely 20 and could take the cold a lot better back then.

Back in '68 my one brother was stationed in Germany and spent one winter there.....and vollunteered for Viet Nam so he could get out ofthe cold. said it was"hell"changing tracks on his tank in 0degree weather and a foot of snow. Yep us southern folks are thin skinned and do not like cold, at least most of us anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts