Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duffy is 10 weeks old - and does he ever inhale his food. Can pups this age get bloat? Should I be doing something to slow his eating down? He is always hungry and goes crazy at feeding time.

I feed him three times a day, 3/4 cup at each feeding. He weighs about 20 lbs or so.

Kris

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I dont know if puppies can get bloat but it is good that you stop his inhaling food. The bowl can help, you can also put the food in a muffin tin, or put the food in something that will slow him down.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am having the same problem with my puppy. I put a large rock in his bowl and he has to eat his way around that. It's helped but I like the idea of the muffin tin better. This is why I love the forums! :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the large divided bowl today. In the meantime, I'll take the advice of just putting the food right on the floor, no bowl. He'll find every last nugget, I'm not worried about the mess!

Kris

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
we used the muffin tin and it worked great. I also give one cup and wait about five minutes and give another. Scout still inhales as well...but he is slowing down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts