1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Aww, that was so sweet.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
AWWWWWWWW!!!! Her little tail went crazy when he held her :) Makes my heart melt :)

·
Poppy's mom
224 Posts
Ok now I have tears in my eyes! Beautiful!

Giving a pet as a gift is not something one gets to go often in one's life. You have be certain that the pet is more than welcome and the owner a very good pet person. I got to do it once when I was in my late teens. My father and I gave two kittens to my mother for her birthday. We had been cat-less for a few months after our old tomcat passed away and the house was so empty without purrs.

I have this image in my mind of the two tiny kittens walking up the hallway from the living room to the kitchen, meowing, and my mother in the kitchen falling down on her knees at the sight of them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have to say I know just how doug feels in that picture! My wife tricked me into going to a breeders house to pick out a puppy as my wedding present. In her case she didn't have to worry about whether I would appreciate the pup as I made no mistake that we were getting one and soon!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Big Awwwwww... :)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
That is super sweet.

I gave my sister a pup on mothers day one year. My sister is not a mother she is a very good aunty tho and she had been wanting a lab pup for sometime. I was going to work on mothers day and somone had pups in the parking lot. I stopped. They had the cutest little black female pup. She looked lab the mother was there and she was a lab. So I took her. Later my sister brings my son into town so we could have mothers day meal together and my sister said I need to get Rosa( herstrange dog) a collar. I said you might want to get a pup collar too. Wow the look on her face. Mari-Sol will be 8 this spring and she is my sisters pride and joy.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
you sure can, AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

·
Davina
392 Posts
AWWWW My sharlette was my birthday gift... from myself to myself... I wish my husband had reacted like that when he found out what my birthday gifts was ahahaha He isn't so much the pet lover I am though. LOL He LOVES her to death now and is always OHHHHing and AWWWWing over her and talking to her and singing to her and playing with her now but I think he was ready to kill me when he came home at 2am from a long work day to Sharlette. LOL he swore she was going to eat all our furniture. she isn't a chewer at all thank god!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know right!!!! When Stella started wagging her tail when the guy held her for the first time, my heart completely melted. What can I say…. I’m a sucker for this kind of stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts