Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Can golden retriever drink almond milk?

839 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Sweet Girl
Hello Everyone, My dog name is angle... I am very caring about her diet. Can anyone know, dogs can drink almond milk? My angle age is just 1 year and I don't much knowledge about dog diets. I am following https://dtua.org/ doges caring site for the right guidance... Can anyone give some feedback about almond milk?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
"Almond milk and soy milk are available most everywhere these days, from the grocery store to your coffee shop. And more and more, people are stocking their fridge with these products. But, is almond milk or soy milk okay to share with your dog or cat?

Almond milk is made from processing almonds, which are safe in moderation in pets. Soy is also safe and is actually found in many pet foods as a protein source. Soy, however, is one of the top food allergens in dogs. So soy milk should be avoided when the dog has food allergies." Dr. Fiona Lee, DVM

· Registered
10,840 Posts
Hello Everyone, My dog name is angle... I am very caring about her diet. Can anyone know, dogs can drink almond milk? My angle age is just 1 year and I don't much knowledge about dog diets. I am following https://dtua.org/ doges caring site for the right guidance... Can anyone give some feedback about almond milk?
I dk why one would want to give a dog almond (or any other) milk,
I'm posting though mostly to let you know that that site is not backed up by any real research and is essentially a pretend expert.

· Registered
14,259 Posts
You guys. Why all the yogurt hate? It's like its own little food group in my house. :)(y)

That said, I don't feed it to my dog. Though I'm sure she would love it, too! lol

To the original poster - there is no reason to feed a dog almond milk. Or any milk. The best is to find a well-balanced kibble that contains everything your dog needs in the right amounts. It's hard to do yourself on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Prism Goldens
1 - 16 of 16 Posts