Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently interested in purchasing a golden retriever. I have been doing an extensive amount of research on the breed, and I strongly feel that the nature of the breed and the responsibilities that come with it are in line with my personality and lifestyle. I've been wanting to own a golden retriever ever since I was a kid. I feel like I will be a great owner because I have a lot of time in my schedule to be able to be with and nurture the dog, my house has a large backyard which would be great for the dog, and I have a very active lifestyle that would keep the dog up and about. Most importantly, I am at the point in my life where I feel confident that I can introduce a member into the family.

I have contacted a lot of the often-mentioned breeders on this forum: Foxfire, Masters, Aubridge, etc... but haven't received a response from any.

After the comments on my last post about the random breeder on AKC marketplace, I've decided not to pursue it. That being the case, can anyone recommend any reputable breeders, preferably in the northern California area, who are expecting litters this summer?

Thank you, and I really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The 'expecting soon' part might trip you up a bit. Most reputable breeders have a waiting list before the pups are even born. That being said, it does happen, you just have to dig a bit!

Did you check the puppy referral at NorCal Golden Retriever Club? Litter Listings » NORCAL Golden Retriever Club Looks like there is a litter listed in Loomis.

And just in case you did not do a search of the site, here is a good thread with the names of many great breeders in California. --> http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...uppy/404714-northern-california-breeders.html
Good luck!

·
Registered
359 Posts
For me this is a real issue. It is SO HARD to find a breeder here. I can find a backyard puppy mill of course but apparently the actual good breeders on super secret probation in No Cal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts