Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi friends... i just bring home a golden puppy for a week, his name is Justin, 2 months old.

this is my 1st puppy, so i dun really know how to take care a dog. He had a diarrhea and vomit as well. Vet said that he might get a symptom of Parvo, so it better to prevent that by keep the area always clean.
im so afraid that he might die.

He is now getting recover, he is no longer diarrhea, but sometimes he vomit the medicine that i gave to him.

And now Justin is so lazy.. he doesn't want to play, he always sleep. can anyone give me an idea to how to get the puppy getting anthusiastic with playing, so that he had the emotion and happy feeling to recover soon.

Thanks for your relpy :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hi friends... i just bring home a golden puppy for a week, his name is Justin, 2 months old.

this is my 1st puppy, so i dun really know how to take care a dog. He had a diarrhea and vomit as well. Vet said that he was getting a symptom of Parvo. im so afraid that he might die.

He is now getting recover, he is no longer diarrhea, but sometimes he vomit the medicine that i gave to him.

And now Justin is so lazy.. he doesn't want to play, he always sleep. can anyone give me an idea to how to get the puppy getting anthusiastic with playing, so that he had the emotion and happy feeling to recover soon.

Thanks for your relpy :)
He is only 8 weeks and he has been sick, so he may not feel like playing too much. Puppies this young sleep a lot too. If he doesn't seem better soon, let your Vet know--there could be some other health problem. Best wishes for his complete recovery. Get well soon Justin!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Give him time to recover and if he's still on medication,I wouldn't worry about his lack of energy as it is pretty normal!.Parvo is a nasty illness for pups and a lot of pups don't make it so it's good news if he's doing better!.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would let the puppy do what he wants for the time being. As he is pretty sick at the moment, I would ask the vet about what to do if he throws up the medicine. It might be important that he gets that medicine, so I would ask for advice on that one. Once your puppy recovers from his illness, make sure you let us all know how he's doing, as he hasn't had the best start being ill... poor baby! Good luck in getting him well! Look forward to hearing about his progress.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and Welcome,
I am so glad that Justin is recovering from Parvo, that is a very serious illness. Since he is such a young guy, I would make sure you feed him before giving him his meds. Some meds will upset their tummy on empty stomachs. He is still recovering so it will take time for his body to recover, so you will see him sleeping and laying around alot. Once he has fully recovered, watch out and you will be wishing for some of that quiet time. If he keeps being very lethargic, I would get him back to the vet for a checkup to make sure he is ok.
Good luck and welcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your concern to my puppy :)

Actually Justin is not with me in Melbourne, he is in indonesia with my family. So i just got a news from them, that Justin is no more diarrhea.

Before he didn't feel like eating the dogfood (athemis), so my family feed him with dogfood and mix it with cooked chicken liver, and he finish the food so fast. just wonderring whether it is good for a puppy to eat chic. liver?

any suggestion for the dogfood that can help maintaining the fur of puppy? my puppy fur is falling.

NV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts