Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I am having 6 months golden puppy and his weight around 38 pounds. Is he having good weight for his age and we consulted with Vet, he said he is fine.

Please can anyone tel me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Piper will be 6 months next week and weighs about 40 pounds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Penny Lane was 30 pounds at 6 mos. The vet said she looked great.

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Jupiter is 55 pounds, but he is a moose moose moose. :p I don't think he is supposed to be that big but his dad was at least 75 pounds...definitely over breed standard.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank turned 6 months on January 6, he weighs around 50 lbs.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I'm sure your vet would have let you know if s/he felt your pup was underweight. This always seems like a lanky age. Your pup is just adorable. It looks like he's got a lot of nice coat coming in!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Scout is almost 7 months and weighed 57 lbs at the vet last week when he was in to get neutered. Our last golden was 110 lbs full grown (not overweight at all just tall and big) but Scout shouldn't get much more the 75 or so. We'll see! We love the big guys. :)

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
Remember that it is best for their health to be kept on the leaner side-easier on developing hip and other joints. You should be able to feel their ribs by pressing very very lightly on their sides. There should not be a lot of fat over their ribs.

Your boy looks great-he looks like he is going to have a nice coat, and what a pretty head he has :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tag is a BIG boy!

Our 5.5 month old golden retriever puppy - Tag is an English (Euro blood lines) golden and weighed in at 77 pounds today. He is not overweight just stocky as per the English bloodline. He is however, the largest Goldie we've ever seen! His paws are the same size as the palm of my hand and growing. With all of that said I think the breed size scales would suggest 35-40 pounds is about right for goldies who are 6 months old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts