Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted a camcorder for awhile, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Things you love, hate about yours. Things you wouldn't be without, etc. Thanks for any advice.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Looks like we have some of the same questions:) It will be nice to hear reviews from people, that we can actually ask questions from.

Reactions: Bentley's Mom

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Do want a camcorder separate from a good digital camera? The technology on cameras is so far advanced now you can get a very good camcorder on most digital cameras.

My stand alone camcorder died a premature death, but I also had a Flip camera that did a much better job. I don't think they are making Flips anymore, but I recall Kodak and Sony had similar ones that are about the same size and quality. My Nikon camera though has the best one of all and with a simple adjustment I can take still photos as well.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like we have some of the same questions:) It will be nice to hear reviews from people, that we can actually ask questions from.
I do check the star ratings on the websites, etc. but I don't trust those people's opinions like I trust all of yours :)

I have a Canon Rebel DSLR and I love it. I'm thinking a separate camcorder would be best for what I'd probably use it for. The ones I was looking at had a feature that you could take a still shot with it too.

This is the one I was looking at:

Sony - Handycam HDR-CX160/LI 16GB HD Flash Memory Camcorder - Blue - HDR-CX160/LI

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I was watching Good Morning America this a.m. If you go to their website (think it's abcnew.com/gma but not sure), click on the steals and deals--they have a very nice Kodak HD camcorder 61% off for $70! It's good today only or while supplies last. I thought of you when I saw this!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:( They're already sold out and that particular model has been discontinued. Stupid 3 hour time zone difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had my Sony Handycam for a few years now, and I've always been really happy with it. I think the hard drive is 30GB, which I'd imagine is a little small these days, but as long as I move the video from my camera to my computer from time-to-time, it's not an issue. I actually can't think of any complaints, except that I'd like one of the new ones with the 80GB hard drive or larger. Video quality is good, and it's nice and portable (fits in my jacket pocket).

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts

·
VickiR
239 Posts
I also have the handycam and love it.
It can handle low light and it's dummy proof so I can use it.:doh:

Reactions: Bentley's Mom

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Sorry the steal/deal was already sold out, but it may be for the best, because everyone is recommending the Sony as the best! Besides, just learned Kodak is discontinuing all digital cameras to focus on more profitable business.:confused: I don't understand that decision, given digital photography is so popular.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry the steal/deal was already sold out, but it may be for the best, because everyone is recommending the Sony as the best! Besides, just learned Kodak is discontinuing all digital cameras to focus on more profitable business.:confused: I don't understand that decision, given digital photography is so popular.
That makes no sense. I don't even know of anything else Kodak does besdies cameras. I can't see how they'll be profitable without them.

I also have the handycam and love it.
It can handle low light and it's dummy proof so I can use it.:doh:
Yes, dummy proof, that is exactly what I need. :)

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
I bought a Flip Video camera on eBay cheap. Works great. Easy to use. Even has a built in editing program. Just plug it in a USB port and voila...

·
Registered
64 Posts
They're not profitable with them - they're filing bankruptcy. They just missed the boat, and lost out to Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Canon, and just about every other company that beat them to the punch on digital and video cameras.

It is a shame, as I sort of consider Kodak to be one of those companies that should always be there, but it's hard to imagine them emerging from bankruptcy as a really viable company, given the level of competition there is in the camera market.

That makes no sense. I don't even know of anything else Kodak does besdies cameras. I can't see how they'll be profitable without them.

Yes, dummy proof, that is exactly what I need. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts