Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

401 - 413 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Gabriel (Dichi's Midnight Guardian Angel) was born on 7/13/10. He was out of Victor and Molly. He was my most excellent Service Dog. I lost him on 5/8/18 to hemangiosarcoma. He was only 7 years old. I would have rather spent a short lifetime with Gabriel rather than a longer lifetime with another Golden. He had a huge personality and was a favorite with all my caregivers. Some of my doctors and nurses were actually in tears when I came without him. I miss him daily even though I have started with a new Golden puppy (Raphael) in prep for Service Dog Training. Unfortunately my new pup is not a Dichi pup just due to timing. We tell the new pup about Gabriel and that he has very big paws to fill!

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Been a while since I checked in on this thread. Love seeing all the Dichi pups and so heartbroken to hear about the ones we've lost.

Our Bentley (from Molly x Chance) is 7.5 years old and doing great. His most recent portrait is attached. We also have a soon-to-be 5 year old girl from a Florida breeder.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hello Dichi family. Just catching up. I have not been on this forum for a very long time. We have been blessed with three Dichi pups over the last 13 years. Mellie girl (Victor x Dancer) passed away at age 12 in the Spring of 2019. Gracie girl (Victor x Paige) passed away a few weeks ago, just before Christmas. We now have Cooper (Boomer x Cookie) who is almost 1 1/2 years old and are expecting another Dichi pup next month from the Boo x Peggy litter so Cooper will have a sister soon. We have experienced so much joy with our Goldens. Grateful for this sweet life with them xoxo

·
Registered
633 Posts
LITTLE DOGS RHAPSODY IN THE NIGHT
By Mary Oliver

He puts his cheek against mine
and makes small, expressive sounds.
And when I'm awake, or awake enough
he turns upside down, his four paws in the air
and his eyes dark and fervent.
Tell me you love me, he says. Tell me again.
Could there be a sweeter arrangement?
Over and over he gets to ask it.
I get to tell.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Gretchen I knew from FB about Grace's passing. Really excited to hear about your upcoming Dichi addition!

Chris O

·
Registered
633 Posts
Gretchen I knew from FB about Grace's passing. Really excited to hear about your upcoming Dichi addition!

Chris O
Hi Chris. I follow you on FB too! Grace was a difficult loss because she was Lauren's best friend - and yet we had all our pups until they were 12. We knew the time would come with them so close in age. I have been preparing for our new pup's arrival at the end of February. Lauren picked her name out. We are going to name her Lily xoxo

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am so sorry. I love my boys so much and just want them to live long, healthy lives.
He is a sweetheart. We really enjoy his company.
I am so sorry. I love my boys so much and just want them to live long, healthy lives.
Our pups were healthy all of their young lives. We had them until they were 12 and were so blessed. The health of every living being begins to fail in one way or the other at the end of life. We knew the day would come, and we knew it would be heartbreaking - wouldn't change a thing for the love and joy they brought to our lives.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Love the name! I will watch for pictures on Facebook!
Yes, I follow your photos of Maverick and Laker. I still cannot figure out how you trained them to stand on their hind legs in the lake or lay on a float in the water so nicely. I'm back on the forum to re-learn a few things about grooming, and puppy life!

401 - 413 of 413 Posts